Trump needs to stop Amazon monopoly

badpal

I think it's all in UPS' hands. Eliminate the discounts. Neither X nor USPS has the desire nor the ability to take all of that especially not at the price Bezos wants to pay.
Fully agree, two weeks ago when I delivered a 25 box kitty litter NDA ,it really makes one wonder.

bbsam

Staff member
The one thing I could see that keeps UPS from raising prices is that Bezos might decide to go "all in" and buy Fedex. That's a lot of leverage on UPS customers that I doubt they'd appreciate.

Star B

White Lightening
You can not blame Amazon for piss poor management at Sears and JC Penney

I have zero reasons to go to either of those stores. The biggest problem they have is they haven't marketed the younger generation
Sears/Kmart isn't helped by the CEO is actively hollowing out Sears.

Lowes and Home Depot will control the home improvement space but despite being franchised I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the future of Ace and Tru Value hardware stores.

Ace and TruValue will live on because they are smaller and closer to more homes. Would you rather go to Ace and spent a dollar more or spent half an hour in traffic to get out to the shopping mall area to go to a home depot?

Also, typically, Ace and TV employees are more knowledgeable about DIY. I mean, you will get those at HD/Lowes but you have a greater chance of finding some teenager that doesn't know :censored2: at the big box stores.

Sears/Kmart isn't helped by the CEO is actively hollowing out Sears.

Ace and TruValue will live on because they are smaller and closer to more homes. Would you rather go to Ace and spent a dollar more or spent half an hour in traffic to get out to the shopping mall area to go to a home depot?

Also, typically, Ace and TV employees are more knowledgeable about DIY. I mean, you will get those at HD/Lowes but you have a greater chance of finding some teenager that doesn't know :censored2: at the big box stores.

Eddie has destroyed that company. It will be gone in a few years...if that long.

bacha29

I will make sure Trump stop this illuminati company
So while you're at it why not bring back Montgomery Ward, Ames, Western Auto, GC Murphy and Jamesway? What do you want to do kid? Go back to the 1950's ? You know the good old days. Let's see here, Korean War, Communist expansion, the Iron Curtain, don't forget polio, tuberculosis, segregation, no Medicare, rudimentary sanitation, polluted rivers third world quality healthcare, life expectancy about 63, college was only for those with rich daddy's or on the GI Bill, multi party land line telephones, the device you're using to express your views wasn't even at concept stage and if as you say you're disabled you would have been institutionalized and would have been there until you died.
Bezos like him or not got way ahead of the competition and not just by a little . Perhaps so far ahead that some may never catch up to him.

rod

Retired 22 years
amazon is a huge monopoly. ralph nader is terribly concerned and has done radio episodes on them. they are now doing stuff for the deep state. i believe bezos is the richest man on earth.

Damn --- Ralph Nader must be 110 years old by now.

rod

Retired 22 years
You do realize that if the internet companies who don't charge any tax were audited, then you would get the bill for the 'use' tax from your state comptroller.

Let them send me a bill---I'll put it with the others. If push comes to shove I would pay it. Not long ago I paid a $17 toll bill to the state of Texas for driving on their Geo. Bush toll road without paying in 2014. Drove on it again in April of this year--I won't lose any sleep waiting for them to send me a bill in 2020 or 21.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sears is successfully marketing appliances and Diehard batteries on the Amazon Marketplace, and is interested in expanding its presence there.
We just checked out our local Sears store for a new stackable washer/dryer unit a few weeks ago. They were $400 more than the same exact thing was at Menards. Sears used to be the GO TO place for all appliances. No more.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We just checked out our local Sears store for a new stackable washer/dryer unit a few weeks ago. They were $400 more than the same exact thing was at Menards. Sears used to be the GO TO place for all appliances. No more.
And that, in a nutshell, is why Sears is failing. Menards is not Amazon.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Blast from the past!

BlastPastRSCover.jpg

oldrps

What small sellers are not realizing is they are slowly putting themselves out of business by selling on Amazon. Unless you are creating the product yourself, you do not have a chance on Amazon to sell as a distributer. Amazon gathers data on what you sell and when they determine there is money to be made on what you are selling, they will start buying the same item from your supplier and selling against you. Hard for the small sellers to compete against Amazon buying power and Prime Shipping.

It is almost like what Wal-Mart does to some of its suppliers. They start buying from a small supplier in large quantities. Once the supplier gets larger and is dependent on Wal-Mart, they start pushing the price down squeezing the supplier who will go out of business without Wal-Mart's business.

bacha29

Whirlpool who builds appliances for Sears announced that they will stop building them a month or so ago. Didn't GE used to do that under the Kenmore brand?

rod

Retired 22 years
Whirlpool who builds appliances for Sears announced that they will stop building them a month or so ago. Didn't GE used to do that under the Kenmore brand?

As far as I know Kenmore is just a name. Everyone made appliances for Sears and Sears would rebrand them as Kenmore.