Tues-Sat, working Monday question

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was told to call in on a monday due to not having enough workers. I was switched to Tuesday-Saturday a few months ago. Is this allowed? I'm not suppose to call in on my day off, right? They have to call me if forced from lower seniority on up?
What time you getting home on Saturday?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Our center is literally falling apart since Saturday ground started...Monday is always absolutely atrocious and the rest of the week worse than it used to be...but don't hire more drivers that would be too easy

MendozaJ

Our center is literally falling apart since Saturday ground started...Monday is always absolutely atrocious and the rest of the week worse than it used to be...but don't hire more drivers that would be too easy

30 drivers on Saturday does not make for a light Saturday. 30 fewer drivers on Monday does not make for a light Monday.

Mst3k

Here at least, Monday - Friday employees make time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. Sunday - Thursday employees make time and a half on Friday and double time on Saturday. So it would make sense for Tuesday - Saturday employees to make time and a half on Sunday and double on mondays.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here at least, Monday - Friday employees make time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. Sunday - Thursday employees make time and a half on Friday and double time on Saturday. So it would make sense for Tuesday - Saturday employees to make time and a half on Sunday and double on mondays.
Only if it's actually the 7th consecutive day working.

Here Monday would be straight time because it's the first day of a new week. Then Saturday would be time and a half

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
3050354749_8d2ce85f29_o.gif

Mst3k

Only if it's actually the 7th consecutive day working.

Here Monday would be straight time because it's the first day of a new week. Then Saturday would be time and a half
It does not matter here, a seventh day punch will pay double whether it is the only day worked, the 2nd day worked, the 7th day worked, etc.
If you work Tuesday to Saturday then Monday is your new Sunday.

In all fairness they have not implemented Saturdays here. But I find it hard to believe that they would get away with paying us differently from the other hourlies.

542thruNthru

It does not matter here, a seventh day punch will pay double whether it is the only day worked, the 2nd day worked, the 7th day worked, etc.
If you work Tuesday to Saturday then Monday is your new Sunday.

In all fairness they have not implemented Saturdays here. But I find it hard to believe that they would get away with paying us differently from the other hourlies.

We have Saturday here. If you are a M-friend driver and you work Saturday you're at time and a half no matter how many days you work M-friend.

If you are T-S and work Monday you are straight time though Saturday would be time and a half because of a 6th day punch. That's how our contract is written. I'm not saying it's fair but that's how it is at this time.

You may want to read your contract because it may be the same.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
M-friend driver, work Saturday, time and a half regardless of hours worked. T-S driver, work Monday, time and a half regardless of hours worked. That's how it's been here.

35years

Gravy route
In our supplement...M-friend driver who voluntarily takes a day off gets strait time if he works Saturday.
And if Saturday is forced, they can force those who took a day off before anyone who worked all 5 days.

So all the drivers who are used to working 4 days (taking a day off) will likely be forced on Saturday here, if Saturdays are understaffed.

I am not sure if the BA has worked out the situation where a driver is sent home for lack of work M-friend and then is forced S.

There is no such thing as "on call" here. You are forced or not forced into an extra day ahead of time. And if they don't work you after they say you are forced you get your guarantee pay.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
It's gonna be terrible regardless. They're advancing trailers with this extra ground service in action. The whip will never stop cracking

davidix

Just great we'll be taking the absolute worst routes on Friday because the regulars maxed out their hours by thursday.. oh I got an 8 hour today, can I go home and have someone do my route? Sure what else do you want a slurpy?

Then crap on Saturday with a message saying we have vacations for next week can work Monday? I can see already tuesday- Saturday people are going to be royale screwed.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can some explain how adding Saturday deliveries creates more driver jobs please.
Because they can't use the current staffing of M-Fri drivers to deliver Saturdays. The overlap days are Tue-Fri, more availablity to take days off because there will be more FT drivers on staff.