Tues-Sat, working Monday question

Est.1998

And you expect them off?

My buddy delivery beer. Works 4 10's Tuesday thru Friday. He gets every Monday off. He does not get Tuesday after holidays off.
Your buddy also doesn't work Sat. If I had the option of working Tuesday-Friday every week I wouldn't care much about this.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Keep in mind, Tues-Sat drivers naturally have Mondays off. So if this is true, we won't get any days off to observe holidays such as labor day, Memorial day, and so on.
Sure you will, you will have that Monday off. Sometimes you will get a 3 day weekend when the July 4, falls on a Saturday.

Keep in mind, Tues-Sat drivers naturally have Mondays off. So if this is true, we won't get any days off to observe holidays such as labor day, Memorial day, and so on.
Some supplements have language on that. We currently do not but it's going to be addressed this contract.

Ask @Turdferguson I believe his supplement let's you pick another day off during the week if the holiday falls on a Monday and you are a Tuesday through Saturday employee.

Est.1998

Some supplements have language on that. We currently do not but it's going to be addressed this contract.

Ask @Turdferguson I believe his supplement let's you pick another day off during the week if the holiday falls on a Monday and you are a Tuesday through Saturday employee.
Thank you for your feedback. I'm still in shock that they want the very few Tues-Sat guys to come in and half the time we're laid off on Tuesdays anyway.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thank you for your feedback. I'm still in shock that they want the very few Tues-Sat guys to come in and half the time we're laid off on Tuesdays anyway.
Half the problem is guys going home. If everyone would stay and take their 8, things would change.

Seeking some clarification here, I'm under the Atlantic area supplement. I'm stuck with the Tues - Sat schedule. Looking at the contract, it looks like I just get 8 hours standard pay and then 5 days of work? Saturday will not count as a 6th punch nor will Mondays hours count towards overtime? Just making sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Seeking some clarification here, I'm under the Atlantic area supplement. I'm stuck with the Tues - Sat schedule. Looking at the contract, it looks like I just get 8 hours standard pay and then 5 days of work? Saturday will not count as a 6th punch nor will Mondays hours count towards overtime? Just making sure I'm understanding it correctly.
The work week is a 7 day period so yes those hours count toward OT. And a 6th punch is OT all day long.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
First Saturday ground weekend just passed here. Myself and another newer driver were told on Saturday that we are being forced in today (Monday) as well.
Get there and see that I have to cover a route that is mon-fri, but the driver voluntarily switched to t-s, so they apparently have to get it covered every Monday?

I talked to a steward and he tells me that they can’t do that, and basically to tell them to shove it next time they try and pull it.
Later Sup asks me if I want a day off this week. I told him I’ll be sleeping in this Sat lol. Not going to play this game!

ManInBrown

Was told to call in on a monday due to not having enough workers. I was switched to Tuesday-Saturday a few months ago. Is this allowed? I'm not suppose to call in on my day off, right? They have to call me if forced from lower seniority on up?
"Call in on Monday" lmao

I would have laughed right in their face had they said that to me. Don't hold your breath

thaliloldsup

NE Division
I am a Tue-Sat PH right now, and if they call me on Monday they offer time + 1/2 so I always come in. If you want the extra money, the 6th day is great especially because it's the busiest day of the week. Otherwise, I'd definitely advise to not answer your phone because you might get on a sup's smile*list if you say no (you have no time to think, they call as "Unknown", so you have been warned :teethy: )