Tues-Sat, working Monday question

Trackless in brown

Was told to call in on a monday due to not having enough workers. I was switched to Tuesday-Saturday a few months ago. Is this allowed? I'm not suppose to call in on my day off, right? They have to call me if forced from lower seniority on up?
If you work Monday thru Saturday its a 6th punch...every minute on Saturday is overtime.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Can some explain how adding Saturday deliveries creates more driver jobs please.

in the present, i can't see how it does. stretching 5 days worth of volume into 6 days and swapping drivers to T-S while still trying to keep all there different numbers/metrics in line is only gonna cause problems on Mondays not extra work or extra routes needing extra drivers. maybe just maybe in the future if Saturday shipping takes off and volume increases then of course there will be a demand for more drivers. corporate implemented this as well as corporate setting the rules for management to play by so corporate can easily swallow all the little negatives involved for there greater good. they make the rules they bend the rules. its all about the stock price. not if you got missed pieces or late air.

LongIslandNewbie

So I was just told that effective 9/11/17 I am off Monday's and working Saturdays. Cant say i am too happy about it since I was hired as a Monday -Friday driver, however I have no choice but to roll with it. I am too old to start over yet again. Question's
1. can i be forced to come in Monday's?
2. I am 8th in line out of 16 people being forced in on a Saturday's if they make more people permanent will I eventually fall off this Saturday list or will it just keep turning into more drivers being required?

KOG72

I’m full of it
So I was just told that effective 9/11/17 I am off Monday's and working Saturdays. Cant say i am too happy about it since I was hired as a Monday -Friday driver, however I have no choice but to roll with it. I am too old to start over yet again. Question's
1. can i be forced to come in Monday's?
2. I am 8th in line out of 16 people being forced in on a Saturday's if they make more people permanent will I eventually fall off this Saturday list or will it just keep turning into more drivers being required?
If they go by seniority and you get enough people under you ,you should come off the list.Drivers that work Tues thru Saturday here have not been working on Monday at my building.

Est.1998

As a Tuesday thru Saturday guy, management told us we don't get Tuesday 9-5-17 (day after labor day) off and have to come in. Any feedback on this? Is this being enforced in other centers?

Est.1998

Keep in mind, Tues-Sat drivers naturally have Mondays off. So if this is true, we won't get any days off to observe holidays such as labor day, Memorial day, and so on.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Keep in mind, Tues-Sat drivers naturally have Mondays off. So if this is true, we won't get any days off to observe holidays such as labor day, Memorial day, and so on.
And you expect them off?

My buddy delivery beer. Works 4 10's Tuesday thru Friday. He gets every Monday off. He does not get Tuesday after holidays off.

ManInBrown

Was told to call in on a monday due to not having enough workers. I was switched to Tuesday-Saturday a few months ago. Is this allowed? I'm not suppose to call in on my day off, right? They have to call me if forced from lower seniority on up?
Absolutely not. If they switched me to T-S they better never call my phone on a Monday. They'll get a blow horn in their ear.