Tulsa preload unsafe (on topic)

AllOnTheHorses

Saturday preload.. All of us from each of the 7 belts (2 or 3 to a belt on Sat.) were told to all go to a single belt to help undo the blowouts..and then to the next one after that.
Holy cow.. No one wearing masks, all in very close proximity.
When CV gets here, it will sweep through here like crazy I bet.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Saturday preload.. All of us from each of the 7 belts (2 or 3 to a belt on Sat.) were told to all go to a single belt to help undo the blowouts..and then to the next one after that.
It’s coming, one driver has it, one preloader has it and masks are non-existent or mandatory

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Refuse to work unsafely. You may sit out for a bit when UPS does their illegal but "union legal" termination but, hah, at a panel...you're getting job and backpay. And you can probably cash in a legal case

AllOnTheHorses

Well, it is not about quitting. It is about ups deciding to put so many people in a confined area. Why do that? Two reasons.. Business as usual mentality and its cheaper.
You know how it is on these belts.. Close quarters and everyone breathing heavy from the work.
I am just saying that "business as usual" is going to get people killed. Like a nasty slow Russian Roulette.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well, it is not about quitting. It is about ups deciding to put so many people in a confined area. Why do that? Two reasons.. Business as usual mentality and its cheaper.
You know how it is on these belts.. Close quarters and everyone breathing heavy from the work.
I am just saying that "business as usual" is going to get people killed. Like a nasty slow Russian Roulette.
Take a deep breath the Wuhan Virus is not a death sentence bro. Turn off cable news and relax.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Time to shut the building down and send everybody home

dmc2008

Take a deep breath the Wuhan Virus is not a death sentence bro. Turn off cable news and relax.

Curious at what point you'll take this somewhat seriously..
10,000 deaths? 20,000?
Or maybe someone you know personally?

Maybe the guy isn't worried about himself dying, but infecting his family members, who may be vulnerable.
It's the company's job to provide a safe work atmosphere. They are not succeeding, and trying to shut up your fellow brothers by shooting them down at every chance sure doesn't help.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Curious at what point you'll take this somewhat seriously..
10,000 deaths? 20,000?
Or maybe someone you know personally?

Maybe the guy isn't worried about himself dying, but infecting his family members, who may be vulnerable.
It's the company's job to provide a safe work atmosphere. They are not succeeding, and trying to shut up your fellow brothers by shooting them down at every chance sure doesn't help.
I'm sorry you're scared kid.

Not really though.

AllOnTheHorses

I am not saying "shut it all down"
I am saying that a better decision could have been made.
Our Saturday preload is one belt handling all of the Saturday nda routes. The other six belts are just pre preloading pc's for Monday.. That is preload comes in Monday to finish loading.. by removing all of the oversized crap, rdc, rdr bulkstops that we loaded today so they can load properly.
So a decision was made (by someone not getting on the belts with us) to push all of the loaders onto one belt, and then another and another to speed the process of bs loading and redundancy for Monday.
Or they could have had it all done within an extra hour going as we were at 3 to a belt. Sat air was loaded and done.. pushing us together was just to save a few nickles.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

I am not saying "shut it all down"
I am saying that a better decision could have been made.
Our Saturday preload is one belt handling all of the Saturday nda routes. The other six belts are just pre preloading pc's for Monday.. That is preload comes in Monday to finish loading.. by removing all of the oversized crap, rdc, rdr bulkstops that we loaded today so they can load properly.
So a decision was made (by someone not getting on the belts with us) to push all of the loaders onto one belt, and then another and another to speed the process of bs loading and redundancy for Monday.
Or they could have had it all done within an extra hour going as we were at 3 to a belt. Sat air was loaded and done.. pushing us together was just to save a few nickles.
Another example of someone who has never performed the work trying to save a few pennies and damaging more customers packages in the process.