Turnover

SmithBarney

The person that was being discussed was a swing driver that does not have the same route/stops every day. I think there are about 100 routes at the station I'm in.

Your Swing driver is typically assigned a cluster of routes, so it doesn't matter if your station has 20 or 200 routes, swings should be trained on a set number(not sure what the formula is)

dex 84

Your Swing driver is typically assigned a cluster of routes, so it doesn't matter if your station has 20 or 200 routes, swings should be trained on a set number(not sure what the formula is)

That's in an ideal situation. Not every station uses swings that way. Being trained on routes doesn't necessarily happen either. Sometimes it's just "do your best, drive safe, don't have lates. Send dispatch a message if you're going to have any issues."

Star B

White Lightening
Yep, that's how it is for me. "Good luck, we're all counting on you, don't hit anything".

My First month as a courier they stuck me out on SRA during peak... no route training whatsoever. I managed. Couple dumb mistakes but I learned and moved forward.

dezguy

You're "supposed" to get 2 days training on a route but when I started at FedEx, I was thrown on a route blind 9.9 times out of 10. Come to think of it, in all my time here, I think I've only been "trained" on two routes. I put trained in quotations because one of the routes, the permanent driver told me he was on vacation those two days and to let him nap in the jump seat.

whenIgetthere

When I was a swing, I never got training on any route. Knew all but a few routes in the station. I took lates if I had to, didn't bother me at all. But, I also didn't get the third degree if I did have lates like some get now. Last time I was on vacation, I had a swing sit with me for two days because he was covering my route the next week.

Express Courier

LOOOOOOOL YEAH RIGHT. That does sound ideal though. At our station when one manager is out or on vacation the other managers will start cherry picking the best swings from that managers group. Plus, Operational Needs and all that jazz. :censored2:s changing every day, most swings can't get comfy and nestle into their nice little workgroup for very long. That's why they pay those guys a whole extra dollar lol.