twin hill vs riverside

yeldarb

Has anyone noticed the poor quality of the new uniforms? I have Riverside clothes that is 5 years old and still in good condition, and I ordered some new pants, which have ripped out after the first or second time wearimg them, along with a ripped belt loop and button that popped off the front of the pants. Obviously UPS is saving money with Twin Hill in the short term, but over time will probably wind up costing more money, since the clothes dont last.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Riverside made a much better uniform than Cintas or Twin Hill. We used to get our Riversides orders the next day by ground, if the OMS would fax the order in the morning. I ordered a couple pairs of shorts over a week ago and I am still waiting on them. I did buy 7 pairs of the ankle socks made by Rockport that Twin Hills sells for a slightly cheaper price than Cintas. So far they are holding out well.

25yrvet

This subject has come up here a couple months ago. Along with what has already been said, I would like to add that the sizes are off---of course, running too small
:sad-little:

rocket man

i jst orderd new uniforms this week ill keep you advised thanks for the heads up i thought it was just my weight gain that made those uniforms bad.:surprised:

barnyard

KTM rider
I went through my shorts last year before I put them away for the winter and replaced all the worn/ripped shorts and shirts. This week it finally got warm enough to wear them. Not sized correctly and the buttons rip off very easily.

I am not impressed.

TB

outamyway

Someone complains about the uniforms on here at least once a month. We need a sticky poll. We need to print it out and post it in every center.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What would fix the problem is if the bean-counter who decided to order this Chinese crap had to wear it himself for a few months. I think he would be making some different choices as a result.

JustTired

free at last.......
What would fix the problem is if the bean-counter who decided to order this Chinese crap had to wear it himself for a few months. I think he would be making some different choices as a result.

I doubt it...........what will be interesting is to see what this will cost the company in the long term. Of course, if they're going to ration uniforms, that cost may be hidden for a while.

My first set of uniforms (way back when) lasted at least 8 years. Granted they were in need of replacement (starting to wear thru in places, tears in the short sleeves, etc.), but boy were they comfortable. Good old American quality. An attribute that has given way to quantity.

It's not that these foreign countries are incapable of quality. But why should they waste their time and money on that when the good old USA will buy anything they produce as long as it's a dime cheaper than they can get it here?

Average at Best

When would said bean-counter ever have a chance to wear these horrible uniforms? Our controller and finance manager manage to get themselves out of every on-road situation that comes up - supposed to visit customers with the driver, ride with a driver on perfect safety monday, etc. Wearing browns is beneath them.

And as for the sizing of Cintas uniforms - I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it's not just that they seem to run on the small side. They are also oddly disproportionate. I ordered some long-sleeved shirts where the tail is almost to my knees but the sleeves are hitting between my wrist and elbow. A new three-fourths sleeve shirtdress, if you will.

outamyway

I'm sure because Twin Hill is owned by the Men's Warehouse has a lot to do with it.

Anyone else having to bend over and kiss the Men's Warehouse ass lately? On Saturdays the MW gets Saturday EAM's. The packages have to be attempted between 8:30 and 9:00. If they aren't there a second attempt must be made within one hour of the commit time. This is the only place this absolutely has to be done.

I'm not sure if this applies to the weekdays. But I have never seen or had an EAM for the MW during the week.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure if this applies to the weekdays. But I have never seen or had an EAM for the MW during the week.

I've had EAMs during the week for them. We have an 8 AM commit time and have to make two attempts. They don't open till 10, so I bring them back to the building.:bored:

SmithBarney

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the last contract have verbage about uniforms being
union made or american made?

And on the other hand, why cannot the union do something about this, you could stretch
and say unfit working conditions.

I must say I like my FedEx pants/shorts better than I liked my UPS pants/shorts..
I don't know how I lived without the cargo type pockets on the legs.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I doubt it...........what will be interesting is to see what this will cost the company in the long term. Of course, if they're going to ration uniforms, that cost may be hidden for a while.

My first set of uniforms (way back when) lasted at least 8 years. Granted they were in need of replacement (starting to wear thru in places, tears in the short sleeves, etc.), but boy were they comfortabl
I had summer uniform shirts that lasted over 15 years. The UPS shield was embroidered in gold thread above the left pocket. Talk about comfortable and cost effective too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had summer uniform shirts that lasted over 15 years. The UPS shield was embroidered in gold thread above the left pocket. Talk about comfortable and cost effective too.
I was more than willing to sew buttons back on or do minor repairs to my American-made Riverside uniforms. They would last for several years and were worth keeping.
Since UPS has made a business decision to buy cheap Chinese crap...I'm done with all that. When a button falls off...I toss the shirt out and order a new one. If enough drivers do this, and hold the company accountable to the contract language, perhaps the expense of constant replacement will force UPS to reevaluate its decision.

Ya, the uniforms sure do become a problem when you "bend at the knees" instead of using your back, and your crotch area rips when you set the box down. I've gone through 3 pairs of pants in 6 months. I'm sure the situation will get taken care of in a timely manner. Cant wait til shorts season so I can wear my riverside shorts.

PackageDonkey

Box Delivery Man
Ya, the uniforms sure do become a problem when you "bend at the knees" instead of using your back, and your crotch area rips when you set the box down. I've gone through 3 pairs of pants in 6 months. I'm sure the situation will get taken care of in a timely manner. Cant wait til shorts season so I can wear my riverside shorts.

Ya, thats happened to me too. I'm just glad nobody noticed. Lucky I was near my house so I could change my pants. I had a pretty noticable rip in my pants.

rocket man

Brand new twinhills 3 pm shorts ripped in crotch new shirt put it on had hole in left pocket pen went right thru it they are bad clothes. no joke.

overallowed

Does anyone remember when we had Van Heusen shirts? They were great shirts. I kept my last 3 just for the sake of keeping them. I went through some boxes at our center after christmas to get something to trade in.:thumbsup: