Two UPSers Lose Their Lives At Ontario Air Hub

Air Recovery

There was an earlier thread that posted an actual picture of the tug on top of them and u can see one of their faces. THAT was poor taste. This thread is not.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What would you call it? These two yahoos were doing wheelies on a tug while pulling cans to a plane. While they certainly did not deserve to die I do not feel the least bit sorry for them.
Who says you have to call it, at all? And then to compound it by calling the thread 'extremely poor taste'. Aren't YOU the beacon of righteousness!

PT Car Washer

I read on FB from an employee they were playing around trying to wheelie the thing and it flipped (5200lbs) on top of them killing them both instantly .
Where was management while this was going on? I would imagine there is going to be an investigation over a lack of supervision resulting in two deaths.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Where was management while this was going on? I would imagine there is going to be an investigation over a lack of supervision resulting in two deaths.
Do supervisors need to follow people around so they do their job? People do that job in the rain. Why don't these tugs have a top?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I disagree. I think it demonstrates the consequences of not taking the job seriously.
I agree with this . It also demonstrates that safety training and methods must be adhered 100% of the time, management should never violate safety training for any reason and they must enforce all safety training and methods 100 % using progressive discipline to get rid of those not willing to take safety seriously.

Simple fact: Employees sometimes die while working for UPS. No telling who will be next but someone will be next.

Everyone should do what they can to minimize and lessen these type of occurrences. IMO Management employees have a higher level of responsibility with regards to the safety of their workplace.

All companies should get away from a blame the worker safety culture.

Dogmomtoupser

They were not pulling cans and or dollies at the time. Yes they made a dumb decision to do donuts with a tug and ultimately lost their lives. It's a horrible situation and the ramp is heartbroken.