Two UPSers Lose Their Lives At Ontario Air Hub

UPSER1987

Just holding you management people to the same standards you hold us to. Any mistakes means instant discipline. It happen on his watch it's his mistake.

It was the mistake of the two individuals, nothing more, nothing less. Poor choices by those individuals, regardless of supervision. RIP to those impacted.

Bubasaur

Was part time, company fired me almost 3 years ago, I posted a layout showing part time supes were only getting 2 paid holidays vs 12 or 10, showed how management is due to supes having no union, which they can join if they all agree, anyways I hated some of the things upper had me do, like, lies, lies, were just an i.d number that's who we are, unless you kiss the balloon button. Will you stay part time, I knew.where I came from, be your self, treat them like they treat you, if that's wrong, then be wrong, as they say, two wrongs dont make a Right

Integrity

Binge Poster
It was the mistake of the two individuals, nothing more, nothing less. Poor choices by those individuals, regardless of supervision. RIP to those impacted.
The passenger may have been just that, the passenger. The passenger may have not encouraged or approved of what the driver was doing.
This is just a really sad incident.

Heavy Package

Let us hope we can all learn from this.

Simple fact: Employees sometimes die while working for UPS. No telling who will be next but someone will be next.

We work in a very dangerous occupation. If these employees were acting completely inappropriate driving in these tugs, then they were responsible for their senseless and untimely death. Real safety concerns need to be discussed and addressed at UPS. What the corporate culture and safety committees are now are a complete joke. EVERY ON PROPERTY VEHICLE NEEDS PROPER SAFETY EQUIPMENT TO PROTECT EMPLOYEES. I actually applaud the yellow safety vest initiative that has been implemented recently as I can see people a lot more than just brown everywhere.

542thruNthru

Was part time, company fired me almost 3 years ago, I posted a layout showing part time supes were only getting 2 paid holidays vs 12 or 10, showed how management is due to supes having no union, which they can join if they all agree, anyways I hated some of the things upper had me do, like, lies, lies, were just an i.d number that's who we are, unless you kiss the balloon button. Will you stay part time, I knew.where I came from, be your self, treat them like they treat you, if that's wrong, then be wrong, as they say, two wrongs dont make a Right

WTF are you saying!

UPSER1987

If you’re layout was anything like this post, they didn’t understand any of it and fired you. GTFO.

Wut?

SameRightsForAll

That's a horrible way to go....they shouldnt have been :censored2:ing around but definitely sad that they paid with their lives

None of you guys could ever be judges. There is only one driver of the tug. The other guy has to ride with him. Unless you can prove the driver didn't act alone in his foolishness, the passenger is innocent. In fact, I'll take it further... unless there is video or witnesses proving that the driver caused the tip-over through horseplay, neither is he guilty of horseplay by default. I'll take it even further than that... these tugs are KNOWN to buck madly when the gas pedal is pressed. Unless you can prove that the tug didn't pop a wheely and flip backwards onto the workers, your opinions are just opinions.

542thruNthru

None of you guys could ever be judges. There is only one driver of the tug. The other guy has to ride with him. Unless you can prove the driver didn't act alone in his foolishness, the passenger is innocent. In fact, I'll take it further... unless there is video or witnesses proving that the driver caused the tip-over through horseplay, neither is he guilty of horseplay by default. I'll take it even further than that... these tugs are KNOWN to buck madly when the gas pedal is pressed. Unless you can prove that the tug didn't pop a wheely and flip backwards onto the workers, your opinions are just opinions.

Your opinions are just opinions

OntCombo63

Do you work there? I’ve yet to find a source that says they were horsing around.
This is my hub area and shift, maintenance worker who witnessed it told OSHA he saw the driver messing around with a rental tug. These rental tugs usually don't have a speed governor so they exceed the 15mph top speed limit we are supposed to go in certain areas. OSHA reports usually take a year or so will be interesting to see what they write after viewing the camera feeds.