Two UPSers Lose Their Lives At Ontario Air Hub

SoCalUPS

2 rookie package handlers at UPS in Ontario, CA died last night when the tug they were on flipped over. They had been horseplaying and doing donuts......SMH

SoCalUPS

Screenshot-20191126-160052-2.png
Screenshot-20191126-160052-2.png" alt="Screenshot-20191126-160052-2" border="0">
NCqGSrS

OntCombo63

This thread is in extremely poor taste and posting the photo was irresponsible.
Don't think they mean it to be offensive but that picture being circulated was taking by a supervisor who spread it out and ended up in social media. I think that is more messed up that everything has to be rushed to social media. Feel sad for them and their families even if they were messing around no one deserves to die for it.

Indecisi0n

2 UPS employees die in workplace accident at Ontario International Airport hub – Daily Bulletin

From photos and fellow workers posting on social media, two recently hired part-timers flipped over a tug next to a UPS plane. A tug looks like a tractor that pulls trailers full of igloos on the ramp. The photo I saw showed the tug completely flipped over.
I read on FB from an employee they were playing around trying to wheelie the thing and it flipped (5200lbs) on top of them killing them both instantly .

MattM

Covered tugs don't have roll cages. Atleast not the ones we have from the 80s

You’re basically pulling four dollies at a time. Thousands of lbs with minimal training. I don’t think there’s saving anyone from either situation if you flip a heavy death box. Look up photos online. You may be crushed less but that’s still a lot of weight.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This thread is in extremely poor taste. You would think that a mod with such a distinguished career would know better than to post something like this.
Disagree.

I agree many, many, many do post in poor taste however these types of tragedies should be talked about and not hidden.

IMHO
No one should discourage completely transparent discussions when lives are lost and lives are constantly at risk due to an oppressive corporate culture of greed and dishonesty.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Disagree.

I agree many, many, many do post in poor taste however these types of tragedies should be talked about and not hidden.

IMHO
No one should discourage completely transparent discussions when lives are lost and lives are constantly at risk due to an oppressive corporate culture of greed and dishonesty.

Their deaths had nothing to do with "an oppressive corporate culture of greed and dishonesty". They died because they were stupid.