Tyler Binder lashes out

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Isn’t it you that’s always pontificating about getting involved?

Looks like he took your advice

Maybe....

I can motivate him, in to being more than a "run of the mill" YouTube goofball.

Locker room lawyers from TDU, are a "dime a dozen".

-Bug-

*If he is such a badass.... why isn't he here.... on BrownCafe ?*

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Apparently one's involvement must meet a narrow set of criteria to be considered. From the little bits I've picked up that includes blindly following leadership, never criticizing or questioning, regardless of how terrible they are doing, or how negatively it affects you. And always accept full blame for their failures and fraud.
That's why the Teamsters are a heaping pile of garbage.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That's why the Teamsters are a heaping pile of garbage.

I am completely pro collective bargaining. But, just as corporate structure has some issues, union structure also has problems. The individual must have freedom, without it the operatives of a union, or any other social structure, have no incentive to stay honest or earn their keep.

There is a way to both maximize individual liberty and maintain social cohesion, but it takes effort. Calling out people in leadership positions who fail to properly lead is the responsibility of every free thinking individual within any social structure. It's the yes-man sheep who go along to get along that prevent accountibility of people in leadership positions.

I've been thinking long and hard about what my future involvement with the union will be after the abortion that was the 2018 UPS contract vote. I have no desire to seek a leadership role myself, nor should I have to in order to be considered "involved enough". I thought about resigning my stewardship in protest, but that is just escapism. I have been approached by members of TDU to get me to join, but I don't think I like the way they operate. Instead I think I will take every opportunity to educate those around me to the reality of what has happened, and what will continue to happen if we let it. I encourage everyone who sees the reality of the situation we are in to do the same. You know the sheep will continue to push the propaganda.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am completely pro collective bargaining. But, just as corporate structure has some issues, union structure also has problems. The individual must have freedom, without it the operatives of a union, or any other social structure, have no incentive to stay honest or earn their keep.

There is a way to both maximize individual liberty and maintain social cohesion, but it takes effort. Calling out people in leadership positions who fail to properly lead is the responsibility of every free thinking individual within any social structure. It's the yes-man sheep who go along to get along that prevent accountibility of people in leadership positions.

I've been thinking long and hard about what my future involvement with the union will be after the abortion that was the 2018 UPS contract vote. I have no desire to seek a leadership role myself, nor should I have to in order to be considered "involved enough". I thought about resigning my stewardship in protest, but that is just escapism. I have been approached by members of TDU to get me to join, but I don't think I like the way they operate. Instead I think I will take every opportunity to educate those around me to the reality of what has happened, and what will continue to happen if we let it. I encourage everyone who sees the reality of the situation we are in to do the same. You know the sheep will continue to push the propaganda.
The worse of a person you are, the higher you can go in the union. And that "higher up" mentality is backwards; these people should be working for the members, but the reality is that unions are now a top-down hierarchy where the most arrogant and stupid people in the union not only are "moving up", their mentality is that WE (including stewards) work for them! It's ridiculous and anyone with half of a brain can see that it only leads to corruption and the filth that most people want to eliminate.

I've heard of the "initiations" and it frankly blows my mind that any decent individual would want to get involved.

LagunaBrown

I didn’t think there was a bigger maroon alive when I encountered Laguna, but Tyler takes the cake. Okay that’s not true at all Laguna still wins.

He actually suggested getting unemployment. Most states you can’t even get unemployment if you are out of work for a labor dispute.
You and that guy Tyler are cut from the same cloth. There is whole nation of special ed vote no idiots with absolutely no clue of reality. Social media has created these internet Teamsters like yourself that confuse opinions and bad information with contract language. Try being an elected steward, Business Agent or Local official before opening your mouth. Just because you turds post something on the internet doesn't make it legit.

Inthegame

The individual must have freedom, without it the operatives of a union, or any other social structure, have no incentive to stay honest or earn their keep.
Every union member has more ability in holding their leaders accountable than any other corporate structure. Elections are held every three years. When was the last time you voted for a UPS center manager?

And your shot at "no incentive to stat honest" also misses the mark.
Every day I look straight at the face of the guy that keeps me honest in the mirror, as do more leaders than you give credit.

You don't get to these jobs without proving yourself to your members.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
You and that guy Tyler are cut from the same cloth. There is whole nation of special ed vote no idiots with absolutely no clue of reality. Social media has created these internet Teamsters like yourself that confuse opinions and bad information with contract language. Try being an elected steward, Business Agent or Local official before opening your mouth. Just because you turds post something on the internet doesn't make it legit.
So being a Vote Yes Consession Stand Hofficer is not the one with an extra 21st chromesome?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did you know up until you are 5 years old you can't reach across the top of your head and grab your ear on the other side? Try it with a little kid sometime-----------warning--this may cause them to cry if you try too hard.
Did you know if you marry her certain things will stop?

F

Frankie's Friend

Every union member has more ability in holding their leaders accountable than any other corporate structure. Elections are held every three years. When was the last time you voted for a UPS center manager?

Every day I look straight at the face of the guy that keeps me honest in the mirror, as do more leaders than you give credit.

You don't get to these jobs without proving yourself to your members.
An attorney at the nlrb told us that very thing. They said they will go after the company (who we have no control over) more aggressively than the union because we can vote them out.
But, local officers (and "other" leaders) know who to court to retain a strong voting base.
That issue is far reaching and often dishonest.

As for personal integrity, if you hold that in high esteem, it is worth more than a job, position, and/or the accolades of the cheering masses.

4384D403-A26C-42E8-B721-15A842EB80C0001.jpeg

Give us men and women who will honestly fight for members regardless of the personal cost and the members will crawl over broken glass to support them.

You, Mr. @Inthegame , are an inspiration to more people than you know.

F

Frankie's Friend

You don’t risk your job when your getting raises in wages, pension and healthcare. Ask the freight guys about that. You trying to use macho BS does not cover your stupidity.
I keep asking futile brother what the sticking points are but he only says "there aren't any" and babbles on about the Yes vote.

What are the sticking points?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Every union member has more ability in holding their leaders accountable than any other corporate structure.

Unions aren't corporations. I did not equate the two, I said each has their own set of issues. Talk about missing the mark.

If individuals had the freedom to choose which union they want to represent them, and switch when they feel necessary, you can bet Unions would scramble to properly represent their members. Unionism isn't dying in the US simply because of worker apathy, it started when Unions became more of a hinderance than a help, and that is the fault of poor leadership.

Every day I look straight at the face of the guy that keeps me honest in the mirror, as do more leaders than you give credit. You don't get to these jobs without proving yourself to your members.

You needn't waste your time arguing against generalities. My statements are directed at those to whom they apply. I will gladly give credit where it is due. Proving yourself, however, does not end when you get one of those jobs, it's only the beginning.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You don’t risk your job when your getting raises in wages, pension and healthcare. Ask the freight guys about that. You trying to use macho BS does not cover your stupidity.

Translation: happily sell out your future, and the future of those who come after, for the privilege of maintaining pay at current values, and putting more of your money into the pockets of retirees from other companies.

Sounds worth it to me.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Again you keep trying to label me as stupid. You are/were the one trying to sell a crap contract.
If you truly feel it was a good contract well sir. I think that would make you the idiot not I.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Again you keep trying to label me as stupid. You are/were the one trying to sell a crap contract.
If you truly feel it was a good contract well sir. I think that would make you the idiot not I.

Well, it was good for about a hundred drivers in his area. The rest of us should be happy we sacrificed so much to help those guys out, that's what being a team player means, right?