UAW strike!

BobJ

If we use the Hollywood strike as an example, it's okay as long as you don't do a UAW job. So no bulding cars!

Doesn't mean they won't give you mean looks.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
No, my point is only a few of the plants are shut down. Which to me doesn’t seem like too big a deal as the company has been shutting down plants left and right for a couple weeks here in there for months. I guess we will see.
The UAW is playing games by shutting down plants that supply key components to, say, an engine....that goes into a car....that gets paint.....that gets shipped....that goes to a dealer, etc...

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
I think the 40% increase basically gets them up to what we’re making or slightly more, certainly they’re going to get a pretty good raise. I have no idea about the 32 hour work week seems like that’s gonna be a tough one.

I believe the concept of working 32 hours but getting paid for 40 is something very feasible in the near future, and UAW is in the right industry to advocate for it. I see this as achievable through the EV product line and automation. Both these factors allow for staffing reduction without negatively affecting production. Additionally, natural staffing attrition, such as retirements, resignations, and terminations, would work in both parties' favor. When an employee leaves, their position wouldn't be filled until staffing reaches the right size.

Overall, this approach would lead to a reduction in headcount and utilize a portion of the savings generated by automation and less labor-intensive products like EVs. This could likely cover the costs of the 32/40 plan.

I believe the concept of working 32 hours but getting paid for 40 is something very feasible in the near future, and UAW is in the right industry to advocate for it. I see this as achievable through the EV product line and automation. Both these factors allow for staffing reduction without negatively affecting production. Additionally, natural staffing attrition, such as retirements, resignations, and terminations, would work in both parties' favor. When an employee leaves, their position wouldn't be filled until staffing reaches the right size.

Overall, this approach would lead to a reduction in headcount and utilize a portion of the savings generated by automation and less labor-intensive products like EVs. This could likely cover the costs of the 32/40 plan.
Please put the crack pipe down

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
This is going to make the jacked automobile market much worse.
Disconcerting!
Good_comp.jpg

Thebrownblob

Sure but I do not think that is what most people who are fighting for that want. That is what corporations want.