UAW strike!

I believe the concept of working 32 hours but getting paid for 40 is something very feasible in the near future, and UAW is in the right industry to advocate for it. I see this as achievable through the EV product line and automation. Both these factors allow for staffing reduction without negatively affecting production. Additionally, natural staffing attrition, such as retirements, resignations, and terminations, would work in both parties' favor. When an employee leaves, their position wouldn't be filled until staffing reaches the right size.

Overall, this approach would lead to a reduction in headcount and utilize a portion of the savings generated by automation and less labor-intensive products like EVs. This could likely cover the costs of the 32/40 plan.
Why don’t you just take that extra 8 hours’ worth of pay, and divide it across the 32 hours I actually did work, and call that my new hourly rate?

A18E4802-D54F-417F-9913-7DBC5D3395E2.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
32 hrs for 40 ain’t happening

Are they definitely asking for 32 hour workweek? Or four day workweek?

This idea has been gaining traction and may soon become law in some areas.

Trucker Clock

So, getting back to the original question, do you cross the picket line to deliver to a dealership etc... or not?

You never cross a picket line. If you have a delivery for a business and there is no picket line, you deliver it. If there is a picket line, you do not cross it.

Over70irregs

I have no idea how the strike is supposed to work. And some people are walking the picket line and some people are building cars? I’ve heard it is mostly to avoid the strike benefit although the UAW union chief is claiming it’s to keep the company guessing.

On a sidenote, I do find it humorous that the top pay for these auto workers is 32 bucks an hour, while we have some constant complainers and malcontents on here, upset about us making over $44 an hour at top scale. And let’s see what the UAW ends up with because they’re definitely asking for quite a bit.
(Someone is not playing)
The United Auto Workers, or UAW, has demanded a 46% raise for workers over the next four years. The proposed pay increase slightly exceeds the combined 40% increase in CEO compensation over the past four years at the Big 3 -- General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, which owns Jeep and Chrysler, the union said.

Over that same period, the average pay for autoworkers at those companies rose 6%, the union said.

PT Car Washer

(Someone is not playing)
The United Auto Workers, or UAW, has demanded a 46% raise for workers over the next four years. The proposed pay increase slightly exceeds the combined 40% increase in CEO compensation over the past four years at the Big 3 -- General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, which owns Jeep and Chrysler, the union said.

Over that same period, the average pay for autoworkers at those companies rose 6%, the union said.
Maybe the auto makers should consider hiring PT workers like UPS does. Working right next to FT Union members doing the same job for half the wages and pension. Doubt if the UAW would go for it.

Karma...

its good to see part-timers getting that bump up after so many years of the full-timers getting disproportionate raisers at the expense of the part-timers.....