sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Cramer is an idiot
Anybody that listens to him is even a bigger idiot
I should know.

1696887100019.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Several years ago, I had a family member pass away and to help the estate I purchased their Toyota Avalon.

Great running vehicle. Only problem was.... I got caught driving it. Never heard the end of that.
The best vehicle my wife ever had was a New Honda Accord in about 2006. The thing road like a Cadillac and got 36 mpg. We NEVER had one problem with it in the 5 years we owned it. Then she got stupid and traded it in on a new Ford Escape.

PT Car Washer

What benefit does the union get to doing these gradual strikes instead of all at once? Is it kind of like a comprise between a full on strike and a deadline extension?
I think it is just a negotiating strategy. I believe if UPS would have kept negotiating with the Teamsters instead of walking out until the last minute UPS could have gotten off a lot cheaper.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it is just a negotiating strategy. I believe if UPS would have kept negotiating with the Teamsters instead of walking out until the last minute UPS could have gotten off a lot cheaper.
UPS was in the drivers seat from the get go. All they had to do was read what was on the Brown Cafe to realize the vast majority of employees were afraid to strike. They were fools to offer as good as contract as they did.

PT Car Washer

UPS was in the drivers seat from the get go. All they had to do was read what was on the Brown Cafe to realize the vast majority of employees were afraid to strike. They were fools to offer as good as contract as they did.
Imagine a $44/hr PT job to not wash package cars because UPS is trying to save money. I laugh all the way to the bank.

Over70irregs

Because of competition and market share their commitment to stock price did not allow them that luxury.