Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

542thruNthru

The language “when work is available” is :censored2:! That much is true. That should have never been allowed. The rest of the rhetoric just confuses me. Regular PKG drivers start at $18.75. 22.4’s will start at what, $20.50? In 36 months, the Regular PKG job is at $25.00. I’m not sure where the 22.4 will be at hat point but I think it is higher. So, during wage progression, the 22.4 is better. There are no 9.5 protections so that is on the bad side for sure. Now, what I haven’t seen is, are there any protections to ensure these “combo” jobs are exactly that? Meaning that their day is supposed to be composed of part of the time as an inside worker and the other part on the road. If the company uses them exclusively as drivers, is there a mechanism in place to ensure this can’t happen? There should be a minimum report that triggers a new RPCD job opening. Say.... 150 (or less) reports where a 22.4 drives 75% (or less)of their paid day will trigger a new RPCD job. Should be a penalty if they don’t.

At the end of 22.4 progression, if they didn’t already get to move to a higher paid classification, then that needs to be addressed. But the pay for their first 4yrs will be higher so that’s not really an argument. As far as loosing OT... this :censored2: is baffling to me. Either you want the OT or you want to have a 9.5 day. The Sat and Sunday delivery led to this but I’m :censored2: sure the number of 9.5 grievances also led to it as well. I listened to a guy tell me he is tired of the company making him work so many hours and then fifteen minutes later tells me that 22.4’s will cost him all his OT. What!!!??? This kind of schizophrenic talk gets you into trouble. Hence, we are here now.

The way 22.4s are utilized will depend on your supplement. Here they will be drivers and only work inside if absolutely necessary.

What people are worried about is getting no OT at all. There is a difference between overtime and excessive overtime. Most want a little over time a day. They just don't want 12 hours every day.

Feederquacker

The way 22.4s are utilized will depend on your supplement. Here they will be drivers and only work inside if absolutely necessary.

What people are worried about is getting no OT at all. There is a difference between overtime and excessive overtime. Most want a little over time a day. They just don't want 12 hours every day.[/QUOTE]

Really? What supplement is that? I’ve looked at a few of them but I’ve not seen that yet? The only thing I’ve seen about how much they work inside has to do with when they take their meal. That sucks if that’s the way they are going to work them there. I really can’t see the ability for the company to eliminate all OT though. Logistically it would be more trouble than it’s worth. The only way they could do it is to under dispatch everyone and you know there is NO way they will ever do that.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Lol bunch of 22.4s were here today out our hub working. The part timers like myself are being sent home. I’m just really confused why this was ever allowed in the first place.