Under No Circumstances Can 22.4 Be Allowed To Remain

542thruNthru

Yep....and the Vote No Facebook group had around 3,000 members then and going is on 22,000 members now.

....as well as a well organized Vote No effort from Teamsters United, with career politicians pondering where they are going to line up in the next General Election.

It's a whole new ball game and times are a changing.

I don't use Facebook so thank you for telling me that info. It definitely changes my opinion on things.

Mooseknuckle

I don't use Facebook so thank you for telling me that info. It definitely changes my opinion on things.
I don't use facebook either but I do know there are multiple pages on this. We have a closed one just for our building alone. LOL, And I'm not even on that. I'm clearly a advocate for no.

siouxman

siouxman
Though I agree with you, 1. They company won't take it that far. What will hurt more? Ditching this 22.4 nonsense or having a protracted strike AND losing customers in the long run, AND signaling to Bezos that he has no option other than to go deeper into the shipping business. 2. Who's gonna handle all that extra volume? There isn't enough scabs in the country to handle the volume. Continue to make record profits or bury the stock price for the shareholders? Remember they hold an awful lot of shares themselves.
Top 3 stock holders are the former ups CEO

1whofan

It's gonna happen. This contract is gonna pass, and it won't even be a shady deal, there is enough in this contract to make the votes happen. Progression drivers get a good bump, top drivers see that magic $40/hr, newer PT get a big bump, older PT are gonna be making good money and are getting that retirement kick, and lastly, a TON of PTers are gonna go for this 22.4 because it is the fastest avenue to FT. I can't really even blame them, the money and starting progression is enticing. Hell, I'd even bet that a good percentage of the chivalrous 'no' crowd will secretly vote in favor of it. Watch.
The more people learn about this contract the more the hate it, the last contract passed 53% to 47%, no way this passes. Older P/ts making good money, yeah right 4 year seniority employee makes the same as a new hire and on that retirement kick hope you retire before July 2023 if not read the memorandum of understanding on the last page of the new contract.

The more people learn about this contract the more the hate it, the last contract passed 53% to 47%, no way this passes. Older P/ts making good money, yeah right 4 year seniority employee makes the same as a new hire and on that retirement kick hope you retire before July 2023 if not read the memorandum of understanding on the last page of the new contract.
What memorandum of understanding?

1whofan

Last page of the proposed contract, where the company enhances the long term stability of the pension until the end of this contract. I wonder what they have in mine for 2023 and beyond....

1whofan

22.7 jobs at $15 an hour.
Or the end of the pension as we know it. Think about if after making record profits we accept a contract this lousy, they will use the pension as leverage to get a what they want when negotiations start for the next contract.

LagunaBrown

Not enough members will vote and it will get pushed through because of apathy.

LagunaBrown

9F5D613A-ACEB-4E08-88BB-90C5183941C9.jpeg
Last page of the proposed contract, where the company enhances the long term stability of the pension until the end of this contract. I wonder what they have in mine for 2023 and beyond....
Just because they change a number does not mean we are giving anything away. It means it gets negotiated in 5 years instead of 10. Negotiations are the exact same stand as it’s always been and only the term is different. That’s all there is to it, stop trying to hype this up as something.

1whofan

View attachment 210302
Just because they change a number does not mean we are giving anything away. It means it gets negotiated in 5 years instead of 10. Negotiations are the exact same stand as it’s always been and only the term is different. That’s all there is to it, stop trying to hype this up as something.
So pass contracts the company has always gone pass the end date of the contract, it just so happens in this contract it ends July 31, 2023. Around the same time as UPS plans to freeze non-union pensions. This gives the company to much leverage over us in future negotiations.

LagunaBrown

So pass contracts the company has always gone pass the end date of the contract, it just so happens in this contract it ends July 31, 2023. Around the same time as UPS plans to freeze non-union pensions. This gives the company to much leverage over us in future negotiations.
It means nothing. All you need to know is we will strike over the pension if needed. Any year.

a911scanner

It means nothing. All you need to know is we will strike over the pension if needed. Any year.

But if it didn't change from 10 years to 5 years, it would never have to be negotiated or struck against. Sorry, but your logic is flawed.

Furthermore, if the one word change isn't in there, this wouldn't even be an issue.

542thruNthru

Seriously I have to agree. To much is being made about this memorandum of understanding. It will still need to be negotiated and if you think people are up in arms about this contract just imagine if they went after our pension. It would be the most voted on contract in UPS history .

542thruNthru

But if it didn't change from 10 years to 5 years, it would never have to be negotiated or struck against. Sorry, but your logic is flawed.

Furthermore, if the one word change isn't in there, this wouldn't even be an issue.

It was a 10 year agreement. 5 years have passed and now they have 5 more years till it can be negotiated on again. It doesn't mean they get to do whatever they want in 5 years.

a911scanner

It was a 10 year agreement. 5 years have passed and now they have 5 more years till it can be negotiated on again. It doesn't mean they get to do whatever they want in 5 years.

If they didn't change the "ten" to "five", it would be locked in place and not have to be negotiated. Read it slowly and carefully.