Uniform Guideline Will Be Enforced!

542thruNthru

it would be nice if they would let me order a uniform , we are on a uniform order freeze

Don't know where you are but I'm sure your supplement like mine has a article about uniforms.

Me personally I'd show up with shorts split wide open down the middle and hand them a grievance. You get a day off and uniforms NDA. :)

sketch-1552121482057.png
sketch-1552121482923.png

F

Frankie's Friend

Their game their rules

Just have to figure out how to bend them in your direction
Just tell me how do we figure out the rules of a moving target issue?

The hair length issue, the socks color issue, the color of undergarments showing issue, the belt issue, the shoes issue.

They are all enforced (or not) differently and asserted differently.

Does anyone actually know the rules, JAC and/or National decisions on these things?

RolloTony Brown Town

He despised anything associated with local 25 and specifically Chema. Jobs got cut and moved out of Chema.

From what I’ve heard it’s gotten better since he left but teamsters don’t have short memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Many drivers in my center are now regularly wearing non-regulation clothing such as sweatshirts with a feeder logo (they're really nice ones!), and yellow coats with safety reflective stripes like the cops have.

Now there's a letter up that says beginning Sunday, this will not be tolerated.

I don't think either of those are bad. The yellow coats are 100 times safer to have at night than the crappy vests they give us. The sweatshirts are warm, nice, and some have hoodies.

How do you feel about enforcing a (possibly) out of date uniform guideline?
There are two drivers in our center that have full beards with a drs note. Management have always “enforced” dress codes. But when it comes down to it, just get your air off in time is what they really care to “enforce”. Everything else is just talk.

ManInBrown

The BS thing about the uniform enforcement is they pick and choose who to mess with. I work with 30 year feeder drivers that come in everyday, unshaven, wearing a brown sweatshirt. They walk right up to the counter and no one says a word. I come in with one button out of place and they’re trying to walk me off. It’s a joke.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The BS thing about the uniform enforcement is they pick and choose who to mess with. I work with 30 year feeder drivers that come in everyday, unshaven, wearing a brown sweatshirt. They walk right up to the counter and no one says a word. I come in with one button out of place and they’re trying to walk me off. It’s a joke.

You must be a pushover

ManInBrown

You must be a pushover
The exact opposite. That’s why they mess with me for every little thing. I would actually say the drivers that get away being out of uniform are the pushovers. The kind that jump out of their seat when an on road rings their cellphone? “Yes boss, right away boss” those are the drivers they let get away with murder.

You a runner, burrheadd?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Dude as long as you're wearing brown UPS gear.....I don't understand the big deal. They won't let me wear the zip up helper pullover with the horizontal silver reflective stripe....yet they don't say sheet about all the guys with custom UPS hats. Just a dumb game. Hopefully someday I'll be delivering bearded with white Jordan's on. Nobody, I repeat NOBODY is going to refuse delivery, nor decline to pick UPS as a shipper because the guy on their route has a Fu Manchu. This is 2019.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Many drivers in my center are now regularly wearing non-regulation clothing such as sweatshirts with a feeder logo (they're really nice ones!), and yellow coats with safety reflective stripes like the cops have.

Now there's a letter up that says beginning Sunday, this will not be tolerated.

I don't think either of those are bad. The yellow coats are 100 times safer to have at night than the crappy vests they give us. The sweatshirts are warm, nice, and some have hoodies.

How do you feel about enforcing a (possibly) out of date uniform guideline?
They pulled this a couple years ago down here, no more feeder sweatshirts, no more safety jackets, only UPS uniforms and safety vests. It lasted about a minute.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I remember an appearance episode years ago where we all got shirts and pants forced on us. Glad they got that out of their system.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The exact opposite. That’s why they mess with me for every little thing. I would actually say the drivers that get away being out of uniform are the pushovers. The kind that jump out of their seat when an on road rings their cellphone? “Yes boss, right away boss” those are the drivers they let get away with murder.

You a runner, burrheadd?

Absolutley, beep beep