Union Hall closed on President’s Day?

blakerben

Just curious as to why the Union Halls are closed for Presidents Day, but we still work? Shouldn’t the Union Halls work the same days as us? Tried to drop off a grievance, and I saw on the door that they were observing today’s holiday. I’m not mad, just wondering why.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Just curious as to why the Union Halls are closed for Presidents Day, but we still work? Shouldn’t the Union Halls work the same days as us? Tried to drop off a grievance, and I saw on the door that they were observing today’s holiday. I’m not mad, just wondering why.
Really guy? That’s really your complaint?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Really guy? That’s really your complaint?
In all fairness, the OP said he's "not mad"....

.....but outside of the public sector, I would be interested to know what Teamster negotiated contracts provide for those members being off on a paid holiday for Presidents Day???

This thread is a valid observation.

F

Frankie's Friend

The 22.4 BAs will be there soon. Wage cuts abound.

F

Frankie's Friend

Lots? Doubtful.
Bet their phones still work on holidays, and evenings, and weekends, and vacations...
So do the (unpaid) stewards.

Honestly, idk if a good BA wasnt around much as long as they did their job when we needed them.

We only see the guy when there's hearings or he's up for election.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If the IBT closes to observe a National Holiday....

Local Union's are allow to follow suit.