Union is done

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So with 20 months of over funding before the influx of new members and let's say that it's 30 months then why would this happen? Isn't it a possibility with all the part timers that are now in the plan and the majority doesn't use their medical that this fund will be stuffed with reserves? Not to mention all the new young drivers that will be hired during this contract.
I would think that they thought to include annual deductibles in 2017 to be a clue that not even Central States believes that to be the case.
What will they do with all the extra money saved by these annual deductibles if what you think is truly the case?

Last edited:
I wish I could invite all the TEAMSTERS that are in multi employer pension funds into my 105% funded plan that I just got a letter about yesterday. If we put the part timers in this it would be even better.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I wish I could invite all the TEAMSTERS that are in multi employer pension funds into my 105% funded plan that I just got a letter about yesterday. If we put the part timers in this it would be even better.
Is that the one that has the lowest pension dollar payout out of all the plans?

realbrown1

Because the ones with lower benefits are sustainable long term?
You are saying that the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Plan is not sustainable long term?

And are you saying Teamcare is more sustainable than my new Western Conference HC Plan or my old UPS plan?

I think you are wrong on all counts.

upschuck

Is that the one that has the lowest pension dollar payout out of all the plans?
I believe I'm in that plan(UPS single employer), and I will make more when I retire than I am making know if I work til I'm 62, and about 5k if I work to 60(in todays dollars). Doesn't sound to bad to me.

realbrown1

I believe I'm in that plan(UPS single employer), and I will make more when I retire than I am making know if I work til I'm 62, and about 5k if I work to 60(in todays dollars). Doesn't sound to bad to me.
That sounds like a thousand to 2 thousand less a month than I would get.

Thanks, but no thanks.

oldngray

nowhere special
Central States was capped at 3500 a month with 35 years until last contract where it was bumped up a little but still easily the worst plan.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
So with 20 months of over funding before the influx of new members and let's say that it's 30 months then why would this happen? Isn't it a possibility with all the part timers that are now in the plan and the majority doesn't use their medical that this fund will be stuffed with reserves? Not to mention all the new young drivers that will be hired during this contract.

If you really believe that new drivers will be hired just because it says so in the new language, I've a bridge to sell you. What about the new language in the last contract about new full time hires? The company never held up their end of that bargain.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is this because you take a lot of unpaid days off, or because your pension pays well?
For a guy who claims to be a driver (and I don't believe that you are), you sure seem to be able to post all day, every day?
Smart phone or not, I hope you're not dumb enough to post while on the clock?
I hope you're not on workers comp or short term disability, or awaiting a panel or arbitration hearing.
Something just doesn't add up with a few of "you guys".

upschuck

Central States was capped at 3500 a month with 35 years until last contract where it was bumped up a little but still easily the worst plan.
That is for YOS pension, if you calculate by accrual method which is $170/month for this year alone, is where you get the much higher amount.

upschuck

Is this because you take a lot of unpaid days off, or because your pension pays well?
Haven't taken an unpaid day off in maybe 10 years
For a guy who claims to be a driver (and I don't believe that you are), you sure seem to be able to post all day, every day?
Where do I claim to be a driver presently? I was a driver for many a moons, but for reasons that I will not go into here am no longer driving.
Smart phone or not, I hope you're not dumb enough to post while on the clock?
Thanks for caring, but I do get breaks whenever I feel like taking them.
I hope you're not on workers comp or short term disability, or awaiting a panel or arbitration hearing.
No, I'm not.

By the way, you couldn't deny anything of substance, so you quasi-attack me, and my work ethic? Nice

oldngray

nowhere special
That is for YOS pension, if you calculate by accrual method which is $170/month for this year alone, is where you get the much higher amount.
Not for my local. It was capped at 35 years of credit for both methods of calculation (YOS and accrual). It did get a bump up from the $100 per year of credit in new contract but only up a total of $300-400 per year. The accrual method will give more if you are closer to 65 but subject to that 6% per year reduction, so around age 58 the YOS method is better. Even with accrual method I think its still capped below 4k per year max.

upschuck

Not for my local. It was capped at 35 years of credit for both methods of calculation (YOS and accrual). It did get a bump up from the $100 per year of credit in new contract but only up a total of $300-400 per year. The accrual method will give more if you are closer to 65 but subject to that 6% per year reduction, so around age 58 the YOS method is better. Even with accrual method I think its still capped below 4k per year max.
Idk about that, but when I go into the UPS/IBT retirement calculator, it doesn't have any cap, and don't see cap in NMA/supplement.