Union is done

710 steward

Central States was capped at 3500 a month with 35 years until last contract where it was bumped up a little but still easily the worst plan.

710 isn't much better. We are capped at 35 years for $3800 a month. It's been the same amount for 17 years. UPS pays over $400 weekly per full time person into the fund.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Haven't taken an unpaid day off in maybe 10 years

Where do I claim to be a driver presently? I was a driver for many a moons, but for reasons that I will not go into here am no longer driving.

Thanks for caring, but I do get breaks whenever I feel like taking them.

No, I'm not.

By the way, you couldn't deny anything of substance, so you quasi-attack me, and my work ethic? Nice

I don't think it was an attack as much as it was an observation.
I'm just glad you are healthy and not in trouble.

If you really believe that new drivers will be hired just because it says so in the new language, I've a bridge to sell you. What about the new language in the last contract about new full time hires? The company never held up their end of that bargain.
That's funny. We have hired at least twenty drivers since last September.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
By the way, you couldn't deny anything of substance, so you quasi-attack me, and my work ethic? Nice

So you noticed that to. It's odd the way some folks operate.
I apologize for the "tangent" as I wasn't looking to join in on the pension discussion that was in progress, but again, it wasn't an attack as much as it was an observation.
My point was, that while we have no standing to know who we are talking to personally, we should consider who we are speaking to professionally.
While knowing definitively is virtually impossible for either, small clues lead to the probability of the latter and their corresponding agendas.
I think there are 3 or 4 elected IBT officials who routinely surf these threads, posting desperately trying to "sell their wares".
I'm not going to go through and quote posts where Chuck gave us the impression he was a driver, but he did.
I agree ITG, it is odd how some folks operate.

upschuck said:

I apologize for the "tangent" as I wasn't looking to join in on the pension discussion that was in progress, but again, it wasn't an attack as much as it was an observation.
My point was, that while we have no standing to know who we are talking to personally, we should consider who we are speaking to professionally.
While knowing definitively is virtually impossible for either, small clues lead to the probability of the latter and their corresponding agendas.
I think there are 3 or 4 elected IBT officials who routinely surf these threads, posting desperately trying to "sell their wares".
I'm not going to go through and quote posts where Chuck gave us the impression he was a driver, but he did.
Why would you want to lead us to believe he's a ba? Isn't this against the TOS to out someone on here?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why would you want to lead us to believe he's a ba? Isn't this against the TOS to out someone on here?
He could be Hoffa for all I know?
There has to be thousands of local and international union officials nationwide.
I have only eluded to his or her possible vocation, not their identity.
Report me if you think I am in violation.

Last edited:

Xexys

Retired and Happy

You've a funny way of reading and comprehension. I don't think he ever said anything of the sort that upschuck was/is a BA at all. Try reading it again.

And just because your local or your center or your building hired twenty drivers doesn't mean every local is the same. I think if we took a poll on BC we'd come to the conclusion that UPS hasn't held their end of the bargain in the last two (2) contracts pertaining to full time hires.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yeah of course not...you couldn't possibly be getting duped, you're too smart for that!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I saw in writing late last summer the items that 89 was negotiating for. It's the same items that they say they have a problem with now.

So you are correct. I am too smart to be lied to on a subject that I have educated myself about.

The Milkman

You are right.

Do you know the reason. I do.

Hoffa has already told UPS that he will impose the remaining contracts on the teamsters if they don't approve of their riders/supplements. (He will use Teamcare as the reason)

So what incentive does UPS have in negotiating in good faith? NONE.

Now the question of the day.

What did UPS give to or offer Hoffa in exchange for selling us all out?

You see the Future as I do...........At least someone on BC besides myself has shown everyone the light. But it is not that bright for the Future of all those touting how good this contract is and it is a shame the holdouts were thrown to the wolves.........

Is this because you take a lot of unpaid days off, or because your pension pays well?
For a guy who claims to be a driver (and I don't believe that you are), you sure seem to be able to post all day, every day?
Smart phone or not, I hope you're not dumb enough to post while on the clock?
I hope you're not on workers comp or short term disability, or awaiting a panel or arbitration hearing.
Something just doesn't add up with a few of "you guys".

I agree ITG, it is odd how some folks operate.
You've a funny way of reading and comprehension. I don't think he ever said anything of the sort that upschuck was/is a BA at all. Try reading it again.

And just because your local or your center or your building hired twenty drivers doesn't mean every local is the same. I think if we took a poll on BC we'd come to the conclusion that UPS hasn't held their end of the bargain in the last two (2) contracts pertaining to full time hires.
I guess these posts are where I got that from xexes. Maybe this is why.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You see the Future as I do...........At least someone on BC besides myself has shown everyone the light. But it is not that bright for the Future of all those touting how good this contract is and it is a shame the holdouts were thrown to the wolves.........
Just wait, can you imagine what our next contract will look like if the Old Guard is still in power?