Union is done

Inthegame

I apologize for the "tangent" as I wasn't looking to join in on the pension discussion that was in progress, but again, it wasn't an attack as much as it was an observation.
My point was, that while we have no standing to know who we are talking to personally, we should consider who we are speaking to professionally.
While knowing definitively is virtually impossible for either, small clues lead to the probability of the latter and their corresponding agendas.
I think there are 3 or 4 elected IBT officials who routinely surf these threads, posting desperately trying to "sell their wares".
I'm not going to go through and quote posts where Chuck gave us the impression he was a driver, but he did.
I agree ITG, it is odd how some folks operate.
I didn’t think we were speaking professionally to anyone on BC, but if you’re inferring when one is speaking to a BA professionally that official has some type of agenda one must be wary of, you need to expand that topic. I’ve never sensed a false agenda when speaking with my BA.

As to IBT officials posting on BC, one wonders if you’re speaking from personal experience possibly from inside knowledge of officials from your local who frequent social media outlets.

Any chance you could name those other 3 or 4 IBT officials, so we aren’t inadvertently influenced by those misleading desperados?

I do know a few agents from my local who indeed occasionally visit BC, but none of them “post desperately trying to sell their wares.” If anything they continue working after hours servicing members by providing accurate information rebutting the baseless conjecture so prevalent here.

The “posting desperately” crowd is the unelected group based in Detroit, not the elected guys from DC.

Finally Bubble, I agree, I also had assumed Upschuck was a driver, mostly because he was a driver. I hope he’s a steward and wish he, along with you, were IBT officials. There is always room for improvement.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I didn’t think we were speaking professionally to anyone on BC, but if you’re inferring when one is speaking to a BA professionally that official has some type of agenda one must be wary of, you need to expand that topic. I’ve never sensed a false agenda when speaking with my BA.

As to IBT officials posting on BC, one wonders if you’re speaking from personal experience possibly from inside knowledge of officials from your local who frequent social media outlets.

Any chance you could name those other 3 or 4 IBT officials, so we aren’t inadvertently influenced by those misleading desperados?

I do know a few agents from my local who indeed occasionally visit BC, but none of them “post desperately trying to sell their wares.” If anything they continue working after hours servicing members by providing accurate information rebutting the baseless conjecture so prevalent here.

The “posting desperately” crowd is the unelected group based in Detroit, not the elected guys from DC.

Finally Bubble, I agree, I also had assumed Upschuck was a driver, mostly because he was a driver. I hope he’s a steward and wish he, along with you, were IBT officials. There is always room for improvement.
I had no agenda really, except for to ascertain whether I am reading the opinions of someone who is working under this newly imposed contract, or someone who had a hand in it being imposed.
What tipped me off to it being a possibility with the "3 or 4" I suspect, is the frequency and lack of time constraints in their postings.
No time frame seemed out of play, unlike the picture you try to paint of a tireless BA continuing to work "after hours servicing members by providing accurate information and rebutting the baseless conjecture so prevalent here".
Instead, it is reminiscent of the hard sell PR tactics that the IBT enacted to attempt to ratify the National and Supplements, leaving me to wonder whether it was a commissioned effort by the union to man these boards and tirelessly rebut any attempt to disparage contract or just a group of dedicated old school Teamsters.
In the end, I still resent the way this contract was handled from start to finish and feel I deserved the whole story before I voted and I still not convinced I have the whole story.
An argument can be made that my vote never really counted anyway.
Dark days.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had no agenda really, except for to ascertain whether I am reading the opinions of someone who is working under this newly imposed contract, or someone who had a hand in it being imposed.

Instead, it is reminiscent of the hard sell PR tactics that the IBT enacted to attempt to ratify the National and Supplements, leaving me to wonder whether it was a commissioned effort by the union to man these boards and tirelessly rebut any attempt to disparage contract or just a group of dedicated old school Teamsters.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am

persecuted whenever I am contradicted
." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

-Bug-

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I could care less it was just a question.

This is a pet peeve of mine...the term is "couldn't care less". When you "could care less" you are leaving room for caring even less. Too many people these days are saying what you are saying and frankly, it's wrong. Sorry for the derail, back to the topic.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am

persecuted whenever I am contradicted
." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

-Bug-
That's a beautiful quote, but I can't seem to concentrate on its meaning while contemplating your use of spacing?
What's up

with that?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Do you mean that there is some level of caring in the statement "I could care less" or do you actually mean to say "I couldn't care less" meaning the null set level in caring?

He's just trying to get a rise out of me which has fallen on deaf ears. I could use a different expression but I couldn't care any less.

He's just trying to get a rise out of me which has fallen on deaf ears. I could use a different expression but I couldn't care any less.
Actually you are trying to correct me and regardless if I couldn't care less or I can care less it doesn't matter. These are just words on a screen. If they make you mad its time to turn off the computer.

Last edited:
Me too.

Kinda boring tonite. Any bets on Putin trashing Obama at the next summit? "Ignorant" was the first nickname he gave our Pres when he got elected the first round. It's gonna get ugly.:fishbashsmile:
To be honest with you I gave up on politics about 4 years ago due to a severely life altering event. I have no faith in politics.

I've found out that praying once a day and following sports and trying to find the good in people is enough for me. My wife and kids love me. This is enough for a man like me. There was a time I never thought it could be this good.

Last edited: