Union is done

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's a beautiful quote, but I can't seem to concentrate on its meaning while contemplating your use of spacing?
What's up

with that?

It's because you are viewing Brown Cafe Forum, on your phone.

2weiazd.png

Instead.... of viewing it on a normal computer screen.

2uix09h.png

You're welcome.

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
No it's our secret don't tell anyone. Thanks. I do support the position. When the IBT election comes around I will make my decision then. There are a lot of thinks that could change between now and then.
Oh really. You're going to keep an open mind next election? Yeah right!

You do nothing but back Hoffa and the Old Guard and you expect people to believe you have an open mind?

But I wouldn't expect any better from an Old Guard blind follower and Hoffa cheerleader.

710 steward

No it's our secret don't tell anyone. Thanks. I do support the position. When the IBT election comes around I will make my decision then. There are a lot of thinks that could change between now and then.

Stone

One thing that won't change is this contract was forced onto the three remaining supplements. What should have happened was it should have been explained what was already negotiated and would not be up for negotiation. After that they could have waited for Teamcare to be implemented and then start negotiating so those holdouts couldn't vote no based on health insurance. Instead you ended up with Hoffa and crew forcing their will onto the holdouts. None of that changes between now and 16, Stone. Maybe you are tongue and cheeking it. I don't know but that's what I see.

710 steward

That was exactly what happened. The IBT made it clear TeamCare was a National Master agreed to provision.

Game

The problem there en lies that by forcing all three supplements any remaining problems not tied into the master became moot and that isn't just wrong, it's reckless. There should have been a vote on the remaining issues.

Inthegame

Game

The problem there en lies that by forcing all three supplements any remaining problems not tied into the master became moot and that isn't just wrong, it's reckless. There should have been a vote on the remaining issues.
I agree, it was reckless and irresponsible of the Local Union leadership to not educate their members on what issues they were voting on.

Game

Yea but what if they were never going to resolve those issues. When is enough enough? I know this might sound like a poor analogy but but we were never going to be able to reason with hitler or Japan. I know they weren't the same and it's not a war but how would you reason with someone who can't be reasoned with? Do you think it's just that easy to be the guy or guys calling the shots? I can tell you this it's a whole lot easier taking the shots at those calling the shots than the latter.

710 steward

I agree, it was reckless and irresponsible of the Local Union leadership to not educate their members on what issues they were voting on.

I agree with that in part. Both the International and local.own this 50/50. Irregardless those holdouts were forced into something in which they didn't have say and that is the IBT 's fault. There is plenty of fault to go around, but no one should have had their supplement forced onto them.

710 steward

Yea but what if they were never going to resolve those issues. When is enough enough? I know this might sound like a poor analogy but but we were never going to be able to reason with hitler or Japan. I know they weren't the same and it's not a war but how would you reason with someone who can't be reasoned with? Do you think it's just that easy to be the guy or guys calling the shots? I can tell you this it's a whole lot easier taking the shots at those calling the shots than the latter.

Never say never because never is a long time. Once everything that couldn't be negotiated comes off the table then there is only so much to negotiate. That's why you start negotiations AFTER TeamCare would be implemented. Then the holdouts cannot make that part of their cause. It would have worked itself out.

Inthegame

I agree with that in part. Both the International and local.own this 50/50. Irregardless those holdouts were forced into something in which they didn't have say and that is the IBT 's fault. There is plenty of fault to go around, but no one should have had their supplement forced onto them.
Possibly an amendment to the IBT Constitution is in order.

Inthegame

Possibly an amendment to the IBT Constitution is in order. Any word on when your (L710) next vote will be?

710 steward

Possibly an amendment to the IBT Constitution is in order. Any word on when your (L710) next vote will be?

There is conflicting info. During our in center TeamCare presentation it was announced that negotiations would start again May 15th. 710 maintains there are no new negotiations in the works just yet. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. I have talked with my BA recently but mums the word.