Union matters....

AutoZone

BrownPower
We make two bucks an hour more than my brother that works at a GM Plant as a UAW member. The FedEx Home Delivery guys on my area make $10 an hour with no benefits. Sure, no doubt we work harder. Figure out the math and tell me how we can make more money and stay in business.
Last I checked, this company just boasted its 1.7 billion in net profits for the 1st quarter... that's after all the bills are paid.. 1.7 BILLION in profits. While we hear rumors of pension cuts, route cuts, healthcare cuts.... I think they can afford a few more $$$

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Ex: "Oh you have a backpay issue? Hahahaha good luck with that!! Hahahaha!" seems to be the common response..
They were laughing at your statement that when you hit top pay you were going to do less hours. Making it sound as if you have a say in that.
As for your two years of back pay issue. The contract states you can only go back 90 days from when you notify UPS of the pay issue. If you filed your grievance two years ago and it was coming to a settlement now, then you would get two years back pay. But you did not clarify that in your post.
How active are you in your local union?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hey Einstein, most of that "$48" top pay you expected went to keeping the healthcare prices in check.
Not to mention, no contribution to healthcare by employees is almost UNHEARD OF anywhere. I'm sure a larger wage increase could be negotiated with employee contribution to healthcare. But it ain't going to happen.

AutoZone

BrownPower
They were laughing at your statement that when you hit top pay you were going to do less hours. Making it sound as if you have a say in that.
As for your two years of back pay issue. The contract states you can only go back 90 days from when you notify UPS of the pay issue. If you filed your grievance two years ago and it was coming to a settlement now, then you would get two years back pay. But you did not clarify that in your post.
How active are you in your local union?
I'm talking about more then MY issue. I just used it as an example. I have heard all kinds of statements from people about their grievances that haven't been heard in months or even a year or more in some cases..

What are some things you'd like to see change come the new contract?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'm talking about more then MY issue. I just used it as an example. I have heard all kinds of statements from people about their grievances that haven't been heard in months or even a year or more in some cases..

What are some things you'd like to see change come the new contract?

There is already a thread about what we want in the new contract.
Most of the time the reason grievances take so long is because is because termination ones go to the front of the line, as they should, and the delay tactics are just a ploy to out wait the grievant. Wait for them to quit , give up , or :censored2: up . Been that way for as long as I can remember. Treat your grievance like you treat your job. It's a marathon not a sprint

542thruNthru

Thanks Archimedes

Archimedes?
c734f2beaeba45bd23ccfed0112afd7a.gif

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I think it was about $16 in 89/90. As for back pay, without looking it up, I believe the 90 day restriction refers to what the company can claw back in payroll errors on their behalf. An employee is not limited in a time frame other than filing a timely grievance once they realize the mistake. That could however, be different in each area. As with just about everything.

Hellobrown2000

We make two bucks an hour more than my brother that works at a GM Plant as a UAW member. The FedEx Home Delivery guys on my area make $10 an hour with no benefits. Sure, no doubt we work harder. Figure out the math and tell me how we can make more money and stay in business.
Theres no way a FedEx driver makes 10 an hour

Hellobrown2000

Y

you think the job has become less skilled?? I think it has become more skilled.. we run larger areas faster then it's ever been done..

I'm fairly new to driving but from the older guys I've heard years ago, they had a route.. and it was their route. Day in and day out. No variation to the areas. Now everyday you go in, you don't know where the dispatcher planned you..

Also theirs more cars on the road.. more businesses.. more pick ups. More restrictions.. more telematics tracking... I mean I think there is so much more on us these days then 70 stops on paper in a known area. Am I wrong?
The only part of the job that was hard then was having to know what and where it was on the truck