Union matters....

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

After 34 1/2 years 4 years ago, I was able to put it all behind me.

Guess I'm better adjusted.

That's all I got.
So adjusted you are at brown cafe telling another retiree that no one cares... LMAO.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

After 34 1/2 years 4 years ago, I was able to put it all behind me.

Guess I'm better adjusted.

That's all I got.
Move on to other people to irritate you well adjusted troll. Your opinions don't phase this guy

Above10200

After 5 days of 12hours I'm not going to any union hall instead of being home with family....ever
Are you on the 9.5 list?
Are you filing grievances?
I am new but this is the best union I have been in. I am on the 9.5 list, I am filing grievances, I am getting time with my family. I am going to at least 6 meetings a year, It is a 2 hour drive to the union meetings each way! It is sad to see my generation and the younger generation not support their union. Management can see the teamsters is loosing support and are trying to screw us with every new contract. We are loosing our ability to collectivelybargain!

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Are you on the 9.5 list?
Are you filing grievances?
I am new but this is the best union I have been in. I am on the 9.5 list, I am filing grievances, I am getting time with my family. I am going to at least 6 meetings a year, It is a 2 hour drive to the union meetings each way! It is sad to see my generation and the younger generation not support their union. Management can see the teamsters is loosing support and are trying to screw us with every new contract. We are loosing our ability to collectivelybargain!
Yes and yes

Above10200

Yes and yes
What have they done to remedy the situation, per the contract (article 37) if you file 3 or more 9.5 violations in the 5 month period you should have a meeting to try to remedy the situation, Just wanting to know! I have read article 37 numerous times and know the language, the 9.5 battle is the fight I want to fight! So I am marking sure I know article 37 in and out, your input will help the battle!

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

What have they done to remedy the situation, per the contract (article 37) if you file 3 or more 9.5 violations in the 5 month period you should have a meeting to try to remedy the situation, Just wanting to know! I have read article 37 numerous times and know the language, the 9.5 battle is the fight I want to fight! So I am marking sure I know article 37 in and out, your input will help the battle!
Yes. After a certain amount of violations they are suppose to have a big meeting with higher ups and teamsters to discuss the problems with staffing etc. My experience has been that it doesn't happen. They usually just keep paying the penalties and that's a shame. Good luck

Rack em

Made the Podium
This is what I don't understand. People keep saying that they are continually worked over 9.5 more than 3 days week but the company doesn't care and will just pay the grievance. If they actually read article 37 then they would know the company can't just pay the grievances and call it good. If it's an ongoing issue then they can have a meeting with the labor manager, BA, and center manager so the excessive overtime actually stops.

Above10200

This is what I don't understand. People keep saying that they are continually worked over 9.5 more than 3 days week but the company doesn't care and will just pay the grievance. If they actually read article 37 then they would know the company can't just pay the grievances and call it good. If it's an ongoing issue then they can have a meeting with the labor manager, BA, and center manager so the excessive overtime actually stops.
I haven't been there yet have two grievances for 9.5 violations and one for retaliation because they sent me out on a 14 hour day after my last grievance, filed on Thursday 14 hour day on friday. I an waiting for the hearing I will not settle ,will only take full triple pay, we will see about the retaliation grievance! Thanks for the more information. Another reason to read your contract, know it , and be union strong and proud, go to your meetings!

Last edited:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

Not with the BA and labor guy. It is supposed to be higher than that. The Union head and labor head from the local area are supposed to meet. If that doesn't solve it, it goes to the national panel. I know the first time it went to the national panel,the 9.5 committee, the drivers were told they could bring stops back to finish around 9.5 everyday and no consequence. I think they were out of a San Diego local.

542thruNthru

Not with the BA and labor guy. It is supposed to be higher than that. The Union head and labor head from the local area are supposed to meet. If that doesn't solve it, it goes to the national panel. I know the first time it went to the national panel,the 9.5 committee, the drivers were told they could bring stops back to finish around 9.5 everyday and no consequence. I think they were out of a San Diego local.

I don't remember hearing about that. We don't have too many problems with 9.5 out here in San Diego and we only have one local that I'm aware of. It was probably up in LA.

I should add we have three buildings in San Diego and we don't have many 9.5 problems in mine. I could be wrong about the other two.

22.34life

Just about every problem that I present to the company is treated like a joke until the grievance is presented then they want to argue it,rts it etc,.i tell them what happened,earlier it was a joke now it's not.