Union matters....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I thought we were strong! I thought we stuck together? I thought we fought for what was right!!

Seems as tho everyone just laughs and makes fun of and puts everyone down on this site...

I'm reading so many posts between here and other social media outlets about how the union doesn't do anything for its members... so I ask, what's the point?? They work for us right? Our dues pay them? Correct? So why does everyone laugh it off whenever there's a union issue as if it'll never be heard?? Ex: "Oh you have a backpay issue? Hahahaha good luck with that!! Hahahaha!" seems to be the common response.. I mean does everyone feel this way? Is everyone's locals so weak that it's just become common place now that it's basically a joke to everyone?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and stories of issues that have gone unheard.. STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE.
Politics! We are a UNITED States yet we have republicans and democrats.

Daf

Starting wage HAS to increase!! It is near impossible to sign new people up to pay dues when they are only making 10 bucks an hour! The lack of new members/ new people feeling screwed is weakening our union.

Faceplanted

I'm talking about more then MY issue. I just used it as an example. I have heard all kinds of statements from people about their grievances that haven't been heard in months or even a year or more in some cases..

What are some things you'd like to see change come the new contract?
The labor department spends its time hearing termination and diciplin cases first. If you would rather your brothers sit out unpaid while they hear your 9-5 grevience well your not a true "brother". The labor department also bs's around and holds off as long as possible with 9-5 and 8hr request greviences. i know many who filed nlrb charges for the past few years, nothing has changed.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Okay, maybe if 48 isn't a whole hell of a lot, then you should look for a different line of work. Surely with your skill set you could do better than 35.59 on the open market.
48 is a crap
Ton in most areas of the country...I am
Just bitter that a driver here makes almost the same as a driver where rent is a 1/4 of the cost

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I thought we were strong! I thought we stuck together? I thought we fought for what was right!!

Seems as tho everyone just laughs and makes fun of and puts everyone down on this site...

I'm reading so many posts between here and other social media outlets about how the union doesn't do anything for its members... so I ask, what's the point?? They work for us right? Our dues pay them? Correct? So why does everyone laugh it off whenever there's a union issue as if it'll never be heard?? Ex: "Oh you have a backpay issue? Hahahaha good luck with that!! Hahahaha!" seems to be the common response.. I mean does everyone feel this way? Is everyone's locals so weak that it's just become common place now that it's basically a joke to everyone?

Would love to hear your thoughts, and stories of issues that have gone unheard.. STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE.
Everyone for themselves!

OrionsBitch

Not...
And you also realize that the skill involved to do the job has been reduced? Right now it's about how much :censored2: you can put up with from working long hours to back breaking labor. I guess we should thank the new generation who care less about what the job pays, more about how it will cramp their social life and coming home smelling like a gym sock in summertime at 9:30 M-friend. They can't get guys to come in and do this crap for what they pay now.
Wrong....now that they can track everything we do at all times it takes more skill "to not get fired." Back when you guys could go out with 60 stops and act like it took 13 hours when your really home cutting your grass, catching a movie, or playing a round of golf. Not to mention you guys didn't have boxes over 50 pounds or NDA service for the majority of your career. Lol most skill my ass....we've all heard the stories from the glory days......

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Wrong....now that they can track everything we do at all times it takes more skill "to not get fired." Back when you guys could go out with 60 stops and act like it took 13 hours when your really home cutting your grass, catching a movie, or playing a round of golf. Not to mention you guys didn't have boxes over 50 pounds or NDA service for the majority of your career. Lol most skill my ass....we've all heard the stories from the glory days......
You make it sound we deliver nuclear weapons

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny, I work at the same place as you do, yet I don't worry about getting fired. But then again, you sound like you've never driven a non power steering truck before either. If it takes "skill" not to get fired, I must be a prodigy. You may call it skill, I call it doing it by the book. If you're trying to figure out ways to "skillfully" dodge being on reports, you're doing it wrong.

Above10200

The younger generation doesn't realize what a union can do for you (IF YOU SUPPORT YOUR UNION )!!!!!!!
There is no union without you, only 3 or 4 of my coworkers show up to union meetings, I have always been ahead of the game because of showing up to the meetings and talking to my B.A.! We need to get more employees involved, get more knowledge of the contract, and mor employees standing up for their rights! I am doing my best to get my coworkers involved with no results but am trying to lead by example, fighting the 9.5 fight as a young driver! Keep fighting the good fight, getting more coworkers involved with the union and standing up for their rights!!!!!!!

Above10200

How many on here support your union?
Go to union meetings?
File the grievances that help you out?
Read the contract?
This is the best way to make sure we are union strong, proud, safe!!!!!
There is no union without you!!!!!!!!
America works best when we say union yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Above10200

With all the crazy iregs we deliver it wouldn't surprise me if we started....delivered a shed for someone's backyard last week. 7 boxes 150 each...took too much skill so I left them at his gate.
Now is the time to rewrite the contract!
Submit your changes to your local union! We need to put what we want changed in now, with enough support we might get some things to change for the better! You have less than a month to get your proposals in! We are trying to get a better contract, help your brothers and sisters out! We need to make sure management doesn't screw us as bad as they want. Now is the time to be union strong!!!!!!