union meeting today

Oceanview

So my local had a union meeting today I’m pleased to say that it was a much larger crowd than the usual over 100 in attendance my center has 122 ft rcpd. I would estimate I seen 40 drivers. No one at the meeting felt this was a remotely close to being even an “Okay” contract.

Union also couldn’t answer any questions we asked

For instance. If the contract were to get passed are the drivers who currently work Saturdays is there a possibility they will have to deliver on Sundays during the 18-24 month transition.. they didn’t understand the question

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If your local can support this garbage without giving a reason why, you need to find an new slate to vote in. I have no problem if they can answer questions and give a different side to why they think it’s a good contract, but blindly supporting this trash is irresponsible at best, dangerous at the worst.

Box Ox

Since the supplements haven't been finalized, how could they give an opinion ?

It sounds like you were asking questions they can't answer yet.

Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't much of the important language/stuff in the NMA supersede whatever ends up in the supplements anyway?

Besides, I don't think whatever ends up in the supplements is gonna make much of a difference in addressing these issues anyway:

oFMcNoF.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pardon my ignorance, but doesn't much of the important language/stuff in the NMA supersede whatever ends up in the supplements anyway?

Besides, I don't think whatever ends up in the supplements is gonna make much of a difference in addressing these issues anyway:

oFMcNoF.jpg
Just a way to kick the can down the road and make excuses.

Last edited:

john chesney

Since the supplements haven't been finalized, how could they give an opinion ?

It sounds like you were asking questions they can't answer yet.

Kind of like a set-up....
I know one thing I don’t have to wait to see the supplements. I was in the central region do you really think it’s going to override some of the worst language I’ve ever seen in a ups contract? If work is available????????
I’m sure you read the decisions at the National panel. We’re getting killed there

oFMcNoF.jpg
I'm going to check your prostrate. Don't mind both of my hands in your shoulders

Coldworld

60 months and counting

oFMcNoF.jpg
I'm going to check your prostrate. Don't mind both of my hands in your shoulders
Settle down gumby... you aren’t checking anybodies backside....

ManInBrown

This is BS. What are the chances this thing gets forced thru even if we vote it down? Didn’t they force thru the last contract in a few locals. If the Master doesn’t get the votes are we screwed? Can they force it?

Hybrids are an automatic no. That has to go

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is BS. What are the chances this thing gets forced thru even if we vote it down? Didn’t they force thru the last contract in a few locals. If the Master doesn’t get the votes are we screwed? Can they force it?
They forced the supplemental contracts last time because the master passed... and some of the local supplements failed multiple times.... if the master goes down in flames it’s a whole other ball game....