union meeting today

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is BS. What are the chances this thing gets forced thru even if we vote it down? Didn’t they force thru the last contract in a few locals. If the Master doesn’t get the votes are we screwed? Can they force it?

Hybrids are an automatic no. That has to go
Get the word out.... no vote this sht down....

ManInBrown

What about all the low seniority RPCD that are going to vote yes because if they vote no, they might end up having to work Saturday and Sundays if the hybrids get tossed?

ManInBrown

How do they plan on handling this whole “if work is available? John Smith is going to get in his car and drive all the way to the building only to find out his route is cut and there’s nothing for him? If he shows he’s guaranteed his 8. This is ludicrous. They’re going to be texting people in the morning telling them not to come in? You don’t have any obligation to read a text off the clock. This whole thing is a dumpster fire.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What about all the low seniority RPCD that are going to vote yes because if they vote no, they might end up having to work Saturday and Sundays if the hybrids get tossed?
Thry will still have to work Saturday and sunday because ups has 2 years to move them to a mon-fri schedule
Oh and forced to work 70 is awesome

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So my local had a union meeting today I’m pleased to say that it was a much larger crowd than the usual over 100 in attendance my center has 122 ft rcpd. I would estimate I seen 40 drivers. No one at the meeting felt this was a remotely close to being even an “Okay” contract.

Union also couldn’t answer any questions we asked

For instance. If the contract were to get passed are the drivers who currently work Saturdays is there a possibility they will have to deliver on Sundays during the 18-24 month transition.. they didn’t understand the question
Sorry, but if the union leadership cannot answer that question, that is a huge red flag and a no vote.

Come back to us with a good deal with all the details worked out. With UPS, all the fine details need to be spelled out.

M

MenInBrown

Hopefully they can see that if they vote yes, they will only be working Wednesday and Thursday.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sorry, but if the union leadership cannot answer that question, that is a huge red flag and a no vote.

Seems his Local Union officials were smart, in not answering questions like that.

At the 2-man committee every bit of contractual change is gone over, with an in-depth

explanation for more information to be provided at the Local's contract review.

And then.... the members of the 2-man committee have to vote, whether or not the

contract should be sent out to the members for a ratification vote.

Remember what happened last time ?

Fred Z and all the TDU goofballs voted for it. A unanimous vote.

Then they had second thoughts.... for political reasons.

-Bug-

Doubleparkedrunner

I hope that's not the case ; I am one of those lower guys working Saturdays already and I'm voting no without hesitation but who knows what the majority will do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is BS. What are the chances this thing gets forced thru even if we vote it down? Didn’t they force thru the last contract in a few locals. If the Master doesn’t get the votes are we screwed? Can they force it?

Hybrids are an automatic no. That has to go
There are circumstances where it could get forced thru but talk about political suicide for anyone involved.