Union not fighting for PT Workers

wilberforce15

Because they're boomer parents baby them and provide for them and don't give them a good kick in the ass and say make your living or get the friend* out of the house
No, it's because boomers are hoarding, and then burning down, everything they inherited.

They received everything, and they're leaving nothing behind.

No, it's because boomers are hoarding, and then burning down, everything they inherited.

They received everything, and they're leaving nothing behind.
That's far from the truth. They become helicopter parents baby their kids and want to provide everything for them except for how to be a man or woman in life
These millennials don't not only not want to work full time they only want to work part-time. Blame the parents for that
They enable their kids to be lazy.
As a parent you always want your kids to have a better life and do better than what you did in life. But if you provide for them whether an adult and do not teach them responsibility they will never have nothing.

Taking a stupid liberal arts degree in college they will never I'm out to good paying job in real life is not going to get you anywhere.
Heaven forbid if you ask him to work over 40 hours a week...

wilberforce15

That's far from the truth. They become helicopter parents baby their kids and want to provide everything for them except for how to be a man or woman in life
These millennials don't not only not want to work full time they only want to work part-time. Blame the parents for that
They enable their kids to be lazy.
As a parent you always want your kids to have a better life and do better than what you did in life. But if you provide for them whether an adult and do not teach them responsibility they will never have nothing.

Taking a stupid liberal arts degree in college they will never I'm out to good paying job in real life is not going to get you anywhere.
Heaven forbid if you ask him to work over 40 hours a week...
You seem to understand, correctly, that even if millennials suck it's because the Boomers suck even more and raised them that way.

You seem to understand, correctly, that even if millennials suck it's because the Boomers suck even more and raised them that way.
It's called personal responsibility
Maybe many of the boomers feel guilty because it had to work so many hours to provide for your family or maybe working multiple jobs and overtime that somehow they was trying to make it up to their children I honestly cannot answer that.
I was always grateful that I made enough money to provide for my family I thought I was ever rich but always had enough.
At the same time I made enough money working afford to have my wife stay home and help the kids with life things and schooling in homework.
But my job as A dad was to give my kids a fighting chance in life by helping them get through college and not being buried in debt.
But I also taught them personal responsibility. You want to drive a car That's fine but you're going to get a job first and have at least enough money to pay for half the car insurance and the gas.

Everyone wants their kids to do better than them and I certainly do not want my kids to have a broken spine and beat up hands like I do.
And so far they're doing pretty good life

wilberforce15

It's called personal responsibility
Maybe many of the boomers feel guilty because it had to work so many hours to provide for your family or maybe working multiple jobs and overtime that somehow they was trying to make it up to their children I honestly cannot answer that.
I was always grateful that I made enough money to provide for my family I thought I was ever rich but always had enough.
At the same time I made enough money working afford to have my wife stay home and help the kids with life things and schooling in homework.
But my job as A dad was to give my kids a fighting chance in life by helping them get through college and not being buried in debt.
But I also taught them personal responsibility. You want to drive a car That's fine but you're going to get a job first and have at least enough money to pay for half the car insurance and the gas.

Everyone wants their kids to do better than them and I certainly do not want my kids to have a broken spine and beat up hands like I do.
And so far they're doing pretty good life
Nobody in American history had the opportunity that Boomers had. You could pay for school by working part-time. You could provide for kids on a single income by working reasonable hours.

That's over. It's gone. And boomers killed it.

Then they lecture their kids about how they should do it just like the Boomers did.

But the whole things has structurally changed. Boomer life was the easiest in American history, and then they don't even recognize it.

Nobody in American history had the opportunity that Boomers had. You could pay for school by working part-time. You could provide for kids on a single income by working reasonable hours.

Then they lecture their kids about how they should do it just like the Boomers did.

But the whole things has structurally changed. Boomer life was the easiest in American history, and then they don't even recognize it.
Believe what you want. The side that we have now has turned into a bunch of friend* pusillanimous.

wilberforce15

Believe what you want. The side that we have now has turned into a bunch of friend* pusillanimous.
It's not about what I want.

The data are crystal clear whether you like it or not.

UPS PT work used to pay for full tuition, room, and board at my local state university, with room for beer money. Now, it doesn't cover tuition. Boomers are running the university, and the contract with UPS was largely negotiated by boomers.

It was possible to pay for school. Now, it's not.

Thanks.

It's not about what I want.

The data are crystal clear whether you like it or not.

UPS PT work used to pay for full tuition, room, and board at my local state university, with room for beer money. Now, it doesn't cover tuition. Boomers are running the university, and the contract with UPS was largely negotiated by boomers.

It was possible to pay for school. Now, it's not.

Thanks.
Well then go to friend* community college.
And before you go to college work a part-time job save some money, hopefully your parents can help you out a little bit.
But do not expect people to pay your bill through life.
Dear Lord you're giving me a headache

wilberforce15

Well then go to friend* community college.
And before you go to college work a part-time job save some money, hopefully your parents can help you out a little bit.
But do not expect people to pay your bill through life.
Dear Lord you're giving me a headache
So you're admitting that you had easy access to, and payment for, things that millennials cannot do. And that you made the system that way. Thanks.

I've made my own way despite boomers blowing the inheritance they got, and ruining it for their kids.

wilberforce15

You guys literally received everything with any amount of work you ever chose to do, and you leave your kids with 30 trillion dollars in debt, unaffordable school, and a whole lot of useless lectures with super crappy Beatles music.

So you're admitting that you had easy access to, and payment for, things that millennials cannot do. And that you made the system that way. Thanks.

I've made my own way despite boomers blowing the inheritance they got, and ruining it for their kids.
I've worked 3 or more jobs to make it through life. Now these kids can't work 2 days a week because it's too hard

rod

Retired 22 years

A lot of the male boomers went to school on the GI Bill. Try it---the military still offers it. Quit whining for friend's sakes.

wilberforce15

Y'all seem pretty sensitive. The data are not debateable.

You used to be able to pay for college with a PT job. Now, you can't.

You used to be able to pay for a modest household with any FT job of any kind, and now you can't.

I don't care what you, personally, did. You are an anecdote. This is about broader data. So piss off with the sob stories and tales.