Union not fighting for PT Workers

wilberforce15

lol because a lot people can’t hack it that’s why.
No, they all have better options.

Same money - less work - Walmart.
More money - more work - Driving.
More Money - Suck-Up - Management.

They "can't hack it" because even the dumbest of them generally have better options than PT hourly work.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They're not dumb.

It's never mentioned in an interview. The shop stewards don't introduce themselves or tell them. The union doesn't contact them. No dues are taken out of their checks.

You don't understand that in right to work states, it's just not that common an nobody even thinks to ask or check. The union has dropped the ball.

I actually kind of agree with this, but ultimately it’s up to you seek the Union. Read the hand book they give you as well.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I have more kids than half this board put together or something.
BelovedBitterBobcat-size_restricted.gif

wilberforce15

I actually kind of agree with this, but ultimately it’s up to you seek the Union. Read the hand book they give you as well.

There is no handbook given to anyone. There is no shop steward introduced to anyone. There are no dues taken out. There are no Teamster representatives or signs anywhere around the hub, including announcement boards.

For a new person, there is NO indication it's a union shop at all. This is normal.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
No, they all have better options.

Same money - less work - Walmart.
More money - more work - Driving.
More Money - Suck-Up - Management.

They "can't hack it" because even the dumbest of them generally have better options than PT hourly work.

ups offered me a pension, vacation, job security, and benefits. All as a part timer . Yeah this job blows.

rod

Retired 22 years
They're not dumb.

It's never mentioned in an interview. The shop stewards don't introduce themselves or tell them. The union doesn't contact them. No dues are taken out of their checks.

You don't understand that in right to work states, it's just not that common an nobody even thinks to ask or check. The union has dropped the ball.
Right to work state---that's a different animal then. I get it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have more kids than half this board put together or something.

I know that boomers got themselves taken care of by their parents. Old time Teamsters gave them a great start. They then turned every bit of leverage they had into cruising on higher wages on PT backs. Then they're going to bankrupt the pensions. Then they blame the part-timers for not participating when everything in the world was handed to the Boomers.

And we all just shut down the entire country and took 20 trillion dollars in debt so Maple Grove POS wouldn't get the sniffles.

We're going to strip your pensions as soon as we can and pour them into our own wages.

We just ask: What would boomers do?
Why does this matter to you? you only do this for fun. Aren’t you a Bitcoin. Bazzlionaire

wilberforce15

Why does this matter to you? you only do this for fun. Aren’t you a Bitcoin. Bazzlionaire
No, I just became a millionaire very recently, and it's not enough to retire with a lot of mouths to feed. I need 2x to 4x more for retirement.

I just like arguing while I watch BTC go up. You boomers destroyed the country and the currency so bad that betting on electronic fake-money is my best career option. it's working well.

So, you guys ruined everything. But you made me rich.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
There is no handbook given to anyone. There is no shop steward introduced to anyone. There are no dues taken out. There are no Teamster representatives or signs anywhere around the hub, including announcement boards.

For a new person, there is NO indication it's a union shop at all. This is normal.

Idk dude this definitely was not the case for me. I got my handbook day I got hired.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Center manager tried to write one of our air drivers up for calling out claiming sabotage
That was funny

rod

Retired 22 years
No, I just became a millionaire very recently, and it's not enough to retire with a lot of mouths to feed. I need 2x to 4x more for retirement.

I just like arguing while I watch BTC go up. You boomers destroyed the country and the currency so bad that betting on electronic fake-money is my best career option. it's working well.

So, you guys ruined everything. But you made me rich.
cool story bro

wilberforce15

Shut up millennial and get to work
Why?

I try to make sure my paycheck is bigger than whatever productivity I give the company, and my actively managed retirement account goes up or down by more than my annual salary almost every day.

I don't go to work. I go to UPS so that my benefits are active. Showing up is mandatory. Work is optional.

PT Car Washer

Try and explain to a PT sup why they shouldn't be handling packages. Union contract? And these are the guys training the new guys. I don't agree with Wilber much but he is correct here, Except for the Boomer thing. AKA the greatest generation