Union not fighting for PT Workers

wilberforce15

no lies were told though. Part timers want to whine but not participate. I see it constantly at my hub.
Why fight to improve a job when you can get more money stocking Wal-Mart shelves in the air conditioning? Most PTers don't care about the benefits, which they have to wait for.

And if they want to go driving, why put in the effort to improve the part-time job if they don't plan to be one long?

PT Turnover was created by Full-Timers who made the PT job disposable. They completely forgot its how all of us are "born" in the union.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Why fight to improve a job when you can get more money stocking Wal-Mart shelves in the air conditioning? Most PTers don't care about the benefits, which they have to wait for.

And if they want to go driving, why put in the effort to improve the part-time job if they don't plan to be one long?

PT Turnover was created by Full-Timers who made the PT job disposable. They completely forgot its how all of us are "born" in the union.

Depends on the person and what they want. I see the bigger picture with ups and not getting caught up in how much I make. I’ve had issues and Union came in handled it for me.

wilberforce15

Depends on the person and what they want. I see the bigger picture with ups and not getting caught up in how much I make. I’ve had issues and Union came in handled it for me.
We look for 18 to 25 year old men with strong backs. They don't care about benefits. If they want the same money and easier work, they'll go to Walmart. If they want to drive, they'll drive. If they want to be a sucker, they'll go into management.

That's why no PTer cares to work with the union on anything.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
We look for 18 to 25 year old men with strong backs. They don't care about benefits. If they want the same money and easier work, they'll go to Walmart. If they want to drive, they'll drive. If they want to be a sucker, they'll go into management.

That's why no PTer cares to work with the union on anything.

speak for yourself lol. I definitely don’t feel that way.

wilberforce15

are they really THAT dumb?
They're not dumb.

It's never mentioned in an interview. The shop stewards don't introduce themselves or tell them. The union doesn't contact them. No dues are taken out of their checks.

You don't understand that in right to work states, it's just not that common an nobody even thinks to ask or check. The union has dropped the ball.