Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

AcesUp804

your right Lonewolf its hurts ,, but don't forget to thank Howie and the old crew for what we have to deal with now , Instead off kissing Hoffa's bottom and worrying about get there buddy's on the board. They should have stop the out of network in NYC 7 years ago and when we were paying 3 dollars for drugs it should have went up to 5 dollars just to stay ahead of the curve ,, but they waited to long, I talked to Howie years ago about the medical at a general membership meeting he said don't worry we will always get enough money from UPS. Now our families are paying the price. Good old Howie , he would of told us after he got re-elect. Years and years from now , he will be remembered for being president of local 804 the same way people remember Jimmy Carter as President of the United States they dont.....

705red

Browncafe Steward
This thread is an interesting example of how heated discussions can get distorted far from the truth. In the old ups we in the management ranks had a saying that basically said we argue upstairs and hit the floor as one team on one page. As a casual observer and realizing that what I see here may not be representative of what is really going on, it does appear the new leadership group may have to mend some fences to get everyone back on the same team.

Tie mending the fences does take time. There will be growing pains felt by all during this transition period. You will have people that are loyal to the old regime and will attempt to undermine what the new slate is trying to do. But over time and with a lot of hard work by the new slate people will see they have the best interests of the members at hand.

I can personally speak on this issue, we went through the exact same thing when we took office 7 years ago. People MF'ed this admin and even ran other slates against them in the very next election. Many of these same people now support this slate because over time they have shown that they put the members first.

just as long as 804 does the right thing, not always the popular choice among many they will be just fine.

It would be interesting to see how many of these new anti 804 members on here have the same IP address?

lonewolf

Its just amazing how this new E. Board just does not come around.....The members are saying they must be "Ghosts" because they say they are around but you dont see them...And when you think you see them They scare the **** out of you because you dont know what they are going to do next!!!!!!!!

AcesUp804

lol thats all you can come up with????? No comment about how row A is costing your family all this money???? and you come out with GHOSTS ,, if you have something meaningful to say then say it ,you make yourself look like a joke ,, its really sad.

local804

lol thats all you can come up with????? No comment about how row A is costing your family all this money???? and you come out with GHOSTS ,, if you have something meaningful to say then say it ,you make yourself look like a joke ,, its really sad.

agreed

lonewolf

One thing I taught my children......."YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS" STOP PASSING THE BUCK...... I wish it was a Joke, then everyone would be laughing....."BUT ALL ARE CRYING":sad-very:

CRASH501

gotta love the fact that after 6 months after my termination I am now being told my 6 month medical extension was wrongly given , ups has yet to notify the local of my termination and I now owe the local 6 months in past medical costs that I will need to fight for in my arbitration .
How is it I am responsible to notify health and welfare I waas terminated and my deligates are not ?
Did I pay dues to local 804 or 804 health and welfare , when i asked my B.A. if there were seperate locals like 804b or 805 that I was responsible to notify as well since notifying 804 was insufficient I was told that was a stupid comparison........
.GOD HELP US ALL !!!

deleted9

gotta love the fact that after 6 months after my termination I am now being told my 6 month medical extension was wrongly given , ups has yet to notify the local of my termination and I now owe the local 6 months in past medical costs that I will need to fight for in my arbitration .
How is it I am responsible to notify health and welfare I waas terminated and my deligates are not ?
Did I pay dues to local 804 or 804 health and welfare , when i asked my B.A. if there were seperate locals like 804b or 805 that I was responsible to notify as well since notifying 804 was insufficient I was told that was a stupid comparison........
.GOD HELP US ALL !!!

Just think you also owe them 6 months of union dues......... Nice !!

CRASH501

Just think you also owe them 6 months of union dues......... Nice !!

i have been paying dues on and off , i was always told you would get better representation if you did not file a withdraw from the local upon a comp case , it seems the 6 month comp extension should not have been given but i should have been informed to file for cobra prior to 1-1-10 and at the 65% reduction rate it would be about $450 a month as opposed to about $1200 a month.......
HOWEVER ....i was not told it was a comp extension I was told it was a 1 time only courtesy being given of a 6 month benefit extension .....it would have been much easier to pay the 450 a month as opposed to paying 2600 plus now ! .

deleted9

i have been paying dues on and off , i was always told you would get better representation if you did not file a withdraw from the local upon a comp case , it seems the 6 month comp extension should not have been given but i should have been informed to file for cobra prior to 1-1-10 and at the 65% reduction rate it would be about $450 a month as opposed to about $1200 a month.......
HOWEVER ....i was not told it was a comp extension I was told it was a 1 time only courtesy being given of a 6 month benefit extension .....it would have been much easier to pay the 450 a month as opposed to paying 2600 plus now ! .

I hear that.....

outlaw

Crash, you are entitled to a one time 6 month extension ONLY if you have 5 years of full time seniority. I believe that was the rule.

CRASH501

Crash, you are entitled to a one time 6 month extension ONLY if you have 5 years of full time seniority. I believe that was the rule.

thats what i thought also , but now im being told differently ! I had 8 years almost to the day seniority
So now im being told I have to pay and then add it to my panel ?
it's just another friend..king headgame !
from what im being told , UPS has yet to notify the local of my seperation , im just another guy that will be dragged along this transition from row a to row b ! .
the new board knowing my loyalty to row a , in my opinion is being less than helpfull at this point !
somehow im being told i personally had to notify health and welfare of my termination and suddendly its now a comp extention and not the 1 time courtesy i was told it was .
I think i have to call the International and attempt to get some better answers !:angry:

local804

Sorry Crash!!! You are just another member who is being misled:sad-very:.....This new E. Board has no experience!!!!:biting:

Hubert, Tom L is the fund manager now and was the fund manager when your A boys were in office. Can you please once in this thread come up with some good real information.

lonewolf

The meeting did not go according to the way the big guy planned up in Elmsford on Sunday!!!! I was amazed to see how only 50 people showed up....It was a disgrace.....The big guy kept on going on about nothing...But bragged on how the Company was afraid of them....Meanwhile the company is pissing all over this E-board with a smile:wink2: Even their strongest supports from Elmsford were yelling at them, telling them that nothing is getting done....

Supervisors are still working, production harressment is still going on, members are still getting fired and we dont even see our B.A.:biting:

lonewolf

Dave the Rocket Scientist is still playing the race card up at 43rd street....Everything is a black and white issue to this guy...He is more concerned about being a racist then being a union office and worrying about his brothers.:sick:

Last edited by a moderator:

lonewolf

Also, where is JR Renolds???? No one has seem him for weeks up in Elmsford or Yorktown...Rumor has it that all he does is go to the office and figure out ways to raise union dues and medical....:angry: