Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

AcesUp804

hey Tell ,, on the bottom of that flyer "that i read " it was from the steward ( dont want to put his name ) and that he stands behind everything in this flyer 100%,, your right nothing made them great they were OK BA's nothing more but from what we have now there looking pretty good. but just so im clear im glad all of them are out of office and never get in again...And like a said before i'm hoping with time they all get better ,, just dont take to long lol

tellthetruth

hey Tell ,, on the bottom of that flyer "that i read " it was from the steward ( dont want to put his name ) and that he stands behind everything in this flyer 100%,, your right nothing made them great they were OK BA's nothing more but from what we have now there looking pretty good. but just so im clear im glad all of them are out of office and never get in again...And like a said before i'm hoping with time they all get better ,, just dont take to long lol
OK! We hear so much that we don't know what is true..LOL! I also feel the same way... But I'm starting to see what the new board is up against.. UPS, alot of stewards, and so on... The next time you see a new board member.. Talk to them because I keep missing them and when they are in the building.. Management try to punish us when we speak to them..

looper804

Is it time to go home yet

It was not from the steward. It was from a driver in the center.

lonewolf

Hey my wife went to the doctors yesturday!!!!! It was $15 for the office visit and 3 prescripions at $20 each...You can figure the math out.....This change destroyed us....THANKS TO THE NEW EXECUTIVE BOARD....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey my wife went to the doctors yesturday!!!!! It was $15 for the office visit and 3 prescripions at $20 each...You can figure the math out.....This change destroyed us....THANKS TO THE NEW EXECUTIVE BOARD....

$15 + (3*$20) = $75

Of course, when you have people who are choosing between putting food on their tables or bringing their family to the doctor, the $75 seems reasonable, doesn't it? Less than 2 hours of OT and the office visit and Rx are paid.

The days of free healthcare are on their way out.

lonewolf

People are saying the Big Guy has to clean up.....but lets just get the corn out of his beard first and stop taking orders from the company!!!! The New E-Board has raised the co-payments way to high, maybe if they did it gradually it could be accepted, but we are in a recession and people are having hard times....If they were not up the company's ass with their nose's so brown they would see how the membership is suffering....Another fine job!!!!!! THIS NEW E-BOARD IS LIKE THE GANG THAT COULD NOT SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!
CHANGE HAS DESTROYED US!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell that to the 300 people who showed up to a local job fair for 1 janitorial position with the local school district. Or to the local people who worked for Pfizer who have been told that there jobs will be eliminated and they can either follow the work to CT or find work elsewhere. In some cases both spouses worked for Pfizer and both are facing the same choice.

Co-payments actually lower our overall healthcare costs as people tend to assess the situation before rushing to the doctor. Our local recently raised our co-pays to $10 for an office visit and $100 to go to the ER. $10 is not going to stop anyone but $100 would make me stop and think as to whether I really need to go to the ER or can I wait and see my doctor.

wolf, we may be in a recession, but at $30/hr you won't get much sympathy from the unemployed (or from me, for that matter).

deleted9

People are saying the Big Guy has to clean up.....but lets just get the corn out of his beard first and stop taking orders from the company!!!! The New E-Board has raised the co-payments way to high, maybe if they did it gradually it could be accepted, but we are in a recession and people are having hard times....If they were not up the company's ass with their nose's so brown they would see how the membership is suffering....Another fine job!!!!!! THIS NEW E-BOARD IS LIKE THE GANG THAT COULD NOT SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!
CHANGE HAS DESTROYED US!!!!

Things can't be too bad, this whole site is full of people complaining about working over 9.5, if all some people do is complain about the opportunity to make OT, things must be good.

lonewolf

Steve A "The wizard of Auz" sources say that this guy is regreting taking the position.....The work is too much for him to handle...OH NOOO, he is in office only 5 months and is not able to handle it....This is a guy who always was in trouble with attendance when he was a driver!!!!!! He has never worked a full week as a car washer!!!!!! Let's not forget an important fact!!! HE RATTED OUT ANOTHER CAR WASHER AND TRIED TO GET HIM FIRED!!! Should we buy him a lb of cheese, while he is representing the membership???? Now that is a good questions..... How can he be "24 - 7" when he is a rat and has a attendance problem!!!

deleted9

Steve A "The wizard of Auz" sources say that this guy is regreting taking the position.....The work is too much for him to handle...OH NOOO, he is in office only 5 months and is not able to handle it....This is a guy who always was in trouble with attendance when he was a driver!!!!!! He has never worked a full week as a car washer!!!!!! Let's not forget an important fact!!! HE RATTED OUT ANOTHER CAR WASHER AND TRIED TO GET HIM FIRED!!! Should we buy him a lb of cheese, while he is representing the membership???? Now that is a good questions..... How can he be "24 - 7" when he is a rat and has a attendance problem!!!

You people voted him in !!

lonewolf

"The Boy Wonder" Liam R. was in Island City about 6 weeks ago with the Big Guy, a driver was on a 72 for Flagging stops. The big guy told Liam to handle it, he went in the office with Management, Driver and Shopsteward , the end result was the Division Manager * discharded the driver. He had security walk him off the Job. The driver has been out of work for 6 weeks....Our President was in the building , did nothing and ran out of the building with Boy wonder with their tails between their Legs.....IN ALL MY 20 YEARS OF DRIVING , NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN DISCHARED FOR FLAGGING STOPS... ANOTHER FINE JOB NEW E-BOARD....

Last edited by a moderator:

lonewolf

Another fine example of "24 - 7" Representing" If you call the Union Hall 5 minutes after 5 a Answering service out in the Mid-West picks up..The answering service does not even know who the members of the board are!!!!!! People ask for the old Board and they say they will take a message and they will get back to you ....lol.......lol.....lol....THE UNION HALL IS LOCKED DOWN LIKE A DRUM AT 5:00 I guess this is what the BIG GUY Meant???? HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

deleted9

"The Boy Wonder" Liam R. was in Island City about 6 weeks ago with the Big Guy, a driver was on a 72 for Flagging stops. The big guy told Liam to handle it, he went in the office with Management, Driver and Shopsteward , the end result was the Division Manager discharded the driver. He had security walk him off the Job. The driver has been out of work for 6 weeks....Our President was in the building , did nothing and ran out of the building with Boy wonder with their tails between their Legs.....IN ALL MY 20 YEARS OF DRIVING , NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN DISCHARED FOR FLAGGING STOPS... ANOTHER FINE JOB NEW E-BOARD....

Sounds like there might be more to it than you really know

Last edited by a moderator:

lonewolf

This one just came in from Foster Ave.....Mark H. the "FISHERMAN" was spotted last Friday. He walked in and then proceeded to walk out when Management stopped him....This happened in all about 10 minutes...Management said hey where you going we have Union business???? He said I am leaving...then Management said we are going to start throwing people out of the building....HE KEEP WALKING AND LEFT THE BUILDING....OH BY THE WAY, DID I MENTION HE DID NOT SHOW UP FOR 10 WEEKS?
" FLASHING NEWS :biting:CAMEO VISIT BY MARK H.":biting:

scoobypanda

Tell that to the 300 people who showed up to a local job fair for 1 janitorial position with the local school district. Or to the local people who worked for Pfizer who have been told that there jobs will be eliminated and they can either follow the work to CT or find work elsewhere. In some cases both spouses worked for Pfizer and both are facing the same choice.

Co-payments actually lower our overall healthcare costs as people tend to assess the situation before rushing to the doctor. Our local recently raised our co-pays to $10 for an office visit and $100 to go to the ER. $10 is not going to stop anyone but $100 would make me stop and think as to whether I really need to go to the ER or can I wait and see my doctor.

wolf, we may be in a recession, but at $30/hr you won't get much sympathy from the unemployed (or from me, for that matter).
upstate, you are not in 804, stop weighing in on these issues. we live in the 2nd highest cost of living area in the country. 30/hour upstate and across the country is wonderful, but 30/hour in n.y.c and long island makes us lower middle class. no one here wants your sympathy, but a little empathy for your union brothers wouldn't kill you would it?