Union Politics - Teamsters Local President runs opponent over with his car 9/22/15

worldwide

Nissan North America's Smyrna and Canton facilities are tasked with the bulk of production of Nissan's passenger sedans and SUV models. These models include everything from the Altima and Maxima sedans, to the remainder of Nissan's Truck and SUV lines which include the Titan, Frontier, Armada and Xterra. In addition to these, the Nissan Quest mini-van is also manufactured in the Canton Mississippi plant.

Given current sales figures, if you drive a new Nissan, chances are your car was like built right here in the heart of America.

The 2014 American-Made Index
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami

Nissan North America's Smyrna and Canton facilities are tasked with the bulk of production of Nissan's passenger sedans and SUV models. These models include everything from the Altima and Maxima sedans, to the remainder of Nissan's Truck and SUV lines which include the Titan, Frontier, Armada and Xterra. In addition to these, the Nissan Quest mini-van is also manufactured in the Canton Mississippi plant.

Given current sales figures, if you drive a new Nissan, chances are your car was like built right here in the heart of America.

The 2014 American-Made Index
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami
Are those workers in the UAW?

rod

Retired 22 years
I age already explained it and I'm not going to waste my time especially with someone that says what the difference. You should tell your neighbors to ship FedEx what's the difference

Neither my neighbors or I ship much of anything. We do get lots of stuff shipped to us though. The majority of it comes FedEx Ground or USPS. As with 99.99% of the rest of the world we don't give a crap who brings it (nor do we have any choice usually)---as long as its prompt and not damaged. My days of being a brand loyalty whore are long gone. (except maybe Heinz Ketchup---it has to be Heinz).

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm forming a slate for the delegates election and we're calling it the "None Of The Above Slate", because it's becoming apparent that there is nobody worth voting for in the upcoming General Election.
We're going to go and vote on any proposed bylaw amendments and won't be wearing any vest, while abstaining from voting for any candidate.

worldwide

Are those workers in the UAW?

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think the Smyrna plant is UAW. I'm sure if the UAW offers a compelling reason for the workers to join the union, they will.

Regardless, all of the employees there are American workers and I'll always be in favor of American jobs vs. overseas jobs, whether or not they belong to a union. Again, if the workers are non-union and feel the UAW (or any union) offers a better and more secure future, it's their right to unionize and they should pursue that option - I'm sure the UAW would love to have them on board and is (or will) putting forth the appropriate efforts to help them.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Listen Big Boy, TDU put the call out to your group of loyalist extremists communists. You have the balls to say a few cats on here derail a thread? You need to do a little count of your own. This place is inundated with the TDU infection. Some of us are just a form of antibiotics.

I wanna buy you a beer! Well said!