Union Politics - Teamsters Local President runs opponent over with his car 9/22/15

hyena

I wanna buy you a beer! Well said!
image.gif

804brown

How do you know it was a rental which was the only one left? Seems a bit sketchy. Like his donuts, Tim's stories have holes.
Sketchy?? Really?? Fact: Tim owns and drives a Ford. Fact: Tim rented a car in Atlanta and all they had left was that Nissan. Fact: Tim is smart enough to understand appearances about owning-American. Opinion: You have no clue.

Listen Big Boy, TDU put the call out to your group of loyalist extremists communists. You have the balls to say a few cats on here derail a thread? You need to do a little count of your own. This place is inundated with the TDU infection. Some of us are just a form of antibiotics.
I think we might be brothers somehow.

Sketchy?? Really?? Fact: Tim owns and drives a Ford. Fact: Tim rented a car in Atlanta and all they had left was that Nissan. Fact: Tim is smart enough to understand appearances about owning-American. Opinion: You have no clue.
The plates were run. They belonged to you Vice President of local 804.

clean hairy

If picking between a union made car, and a non union made car, I choose the union made vehicle.
When I call Customer Support and get a person overseas, I insist on being transferred to a person in the States.
If I speak to a person in the States, it helps keep our own working.
At least I hope it would be true.
Of course, it is really bad when they "transfer" me, and a person with the same heavy accent comes on the line. I ask where they are located, and one claimed he was in New York City, Nebraska!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This is what I mean by sketchy. Isn't it odd that this Atlanta based rental car didn't have Georgia plates at all?

rod

Retired 22 years
Actually, the friend-150 is rated as the most American made based on parts an labor.

According to Fortune Magazine (June 29, 2015) the vehicles with the most American parts are (must be made with at least 75% American parts to even make the list):

1. Toyota Camry (most American parts of any vehicle sold in US)
2. Toyota Sienna
3. Chevy Traverse
4. Honda Odyssey
5. GMC Acadia
6.Buick Enclave
7.Chevy Corvette

Those are the ONLY ones that made the list. The Ford friend 150 was on the list in 2013 and 2014 but didn't make it for 2015. Chrysler hasn't made the list since 2012. Sorry all you foreign Ford lovers.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It actually isn't. Rental cars rarely stay in one place for the duration of their ownership by the rental companies. I've gotten Florida plates in Minnesota before.
Is it plausible? Sure. Just add it to 804's bucket of excuses. Last possible out of state rental.

rod

Retired 22 years
It actually isn't. Rental cars rarely stay in one place for the duration of their ownership by the rental companies. I've gotten Florida plates in Minnesota before.

Most rental cars in Minnesota have Florida plates. It must be cheaper to license them there (I sure it is as Mn. has very expensive licenses). I'm sure they rotate them enough to avoid breaking any state laws.