Union retirees: Don't cut my pension --- Good Read

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Again, it's our union, not yours. You are non union. Stay our of our union affairs. You gave up that right when you went to purple.
By the way, why would you leave brown to go to a lower paying job?
Photog, what part of what I posted do you DISAGREE with?
Line for line, I posted either 100% truth or reasonable thoughts. Like telling a non union person to stay out of union affairs. That is reasonable.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Photog, what part of what I posted do you DISAGREE with?
Line for line, I posted either 100% truth or reasonable thoughts. Like telling a non union person to stay out of union affairs. That is reasonable.
I DISAGREE with the fact that you want to disallow FREE SPEECH on this Internet forum.
If someone is not in a specific union then they have no say within that Union concerning that Union's affairs.
On here, anyone can say anything they want as long as they comply with the Terms Of Service.
Which coincidentally, is something with which you continually have problems.

Note: I did not address the "I posted either 100% truth or reasonable thoughts".

bbsam

Staff member
You don't see the hypocrisy of telling us unionist which direction we should take?
No. I think for the sake of the economy unions should make a resurgence. So are you going to stomp your feet and disagree with me because I'm not in a union? That's a ridiculous point of view. And honestly, I don't know how unions achieve growth in the current business/political climate. Do you?

realbrown1

I glad you think your posts are reasonable.
That post was.
And I'll admit he does have free speech rights, but for him to be telling us what's good for our union is too much. He GAVE UP on our union when he went to work for purple.

barnyard

KTM rider
I took a HS economics class where the teacher used a defined benefit retirement plan to illustrate non-sustainable retirement plans.

It seems to me that this is a problem that should have been solved in the 80s. It was certainly recognized as a problem then.

I think it is more than a little disingenuous for any union or business leader to suggest that a defined benefit pension is anything but a losing proposition.

Bums me out that more people were not taught economics in HS.

realbrown1

How about "none of your damn business"?
Wasn't talking to you. You are a lot like him in that you don't support the teamsters. Upstate, you are a self-centered, and you think you know it all.
You are bad for our unon, because if we ever voted to go on strike again, you won't strike because you won't want to lose your weekly paycheck.

bbsam

Staff member
Wasn't talking to you. You are a lot like him in that you don't support the teamsters. Upstate, you are a self-centered, and you think you know it all.
You are bad for our unon, because if we ever voted to go on strike again, you won't strike because you won't want to lose your weekly paycheck.
I do not answer because my departure from UPS has been covered on BC many, many times. To answer again would be a needles derail.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will there be an asterisk next to my $5K/month pension check?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'll admit he does have free speech rights, but for him to be telling us what's good for our union is too much. He GAVE UP on our union when he went to work for purple.
How about "none of your damn business"?
I do not answer because my departure from UPS has been covered on BC many, many times. To answer again would be a needless derail.

It's common knowledge.

He hasn't shied away from it, when I have asked.

Well since you know my history, you already know that I was union so I can only imagine that you're just trying to be an ass.

Of course I am.

But, I have a right to that opinion.

Does that come naturally?

Absolutely. :biggrin:

-Bug-

bbsam

Staff member
What do you mean your departure from UPS has been covered many times?
What kind of departure was it?
The kind that involves security walking you to the parking lot?
Lol. They didn't even have security at that building 20 years ago. In fact, I don't think they do even now.