Unions??

LeadBelly

Banned
It must true?

It actually does explain why she would allow a moderator use the site as his personal playground, with no regard to consistency, taking advantage of privileges afforded those behind the firewall to stir various pots.

This really does explain a lot.
With so little income, I'm sure the free labor is enticing, even if it is from a technologically savy virtual sociopath.

Thank you for the time taken to explain it to me and the unnecessary transparency exhibited.
Damn, you are like the great Teamster hope.

wkmac

I'm not moving the goal posts, rather connecting the dots, while thinking out loud?

After all, this is an internet chat room/blog, right?

You would think someone who created such a thing would understand the dynamics of such a "community"?

In regards to the rest of your post, I was for sure "that guy" when I came here.
I like to think that I am doing much better,
but will consider that I may still have some work to do at times.

I think you are on to something there.

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm not moving the goal posts, rather connecting the dots, while thinking out loud?

After all, this is an internet chat room/blog, right?

You would think someone who created such a thing would understand the dynamics of such a "community"?
Don't doubt this member, he's been right all along. I won't doubt him again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
:rofl:

I see you aren't very familiar with some of my other posting.

:winks:
I actually am, and have always been a fan, while not always agreeing.

I try to appreciate and learn from other perspectives.

That post, while quoting you, was for the "nervous" lurkers.

I see the fear in these people daily and strive to empower them to question.

We are becoming a nation of lemurs.

wkmac

I actually am, and have always been a fan, while not always agreeing.

I try to appreciate and learn from other perspectives.

That post, while quoting you, was for the "nervous" lurkers.

I see the fear in these people daily and strive to empower them to question.

We are becoming a nation of lemurs.

On that we do agree.

LeadBelly

Banned
It's funny!
LB thinks I'm 'Hoak'.
I always thought it was funny when he call me Hoak and try and butter me up to do something for him.
Sadly, I did that at the beginning ... not any more though.
That was no butter up. I always called you by your first name when you told me to. You don't remember that do you. I thought Hoak was your last name. Regardless I still hate your guts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0167.PNG
She can't ... she's been threatening to put me on Ignore for years.
She even complained to cheryl because she couldn't.
Cheryl explained to her I was The Worst Mod Ever.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
SMH. I started this site to make money?

I started this as a project when I was learning to create websites. I had no expectation of making money from it. None at all. I had no expectation that it would take off and be around this long.

I have never created and sold a website. I made a few websites for relatives and one for a community group. Selling websites is not something I am interested in.

I bought one that's a parenting support group because I went there and the members there helped me. The owner was going to shut it down because it was costing her so much to pay to have it maintained. I bought it from her because I knew how to maintain it myself for free.

What I do have that may be worth some money are domains. I think I have 30 or so domains many that I've owned for many many years. There are at least 10 that are pretty good. I've only ever sold one and that was many years ago because someone offered me a decent price for it. That has nothing to do with this site, just throwing it out there.

This site now does generate a small profit but for the many years I paid most of the expenses out of my own pocket.

As far as making members view ads: I'd make more money. Ads were set up that way here a few years ago. The ads annoyed me. That's why I'm not making the members view ads. Lurkers that never register pay the bills here. That works well enough for me.

BC has achieved a good cross section of input from many different viewpoints, and that to me, is the most valuable feature.

I think your motivation is in the right place, and even though it's not anyone's business, thanks for the transparency.

We all enjoy the conversation here, each for a little different reason. Some to learn, some to teach, some to bully, some to be bullied, some to live out a deranged, obsessive/compulsive grandiose daydream of still heavy handing his UPS "crew."

But, like wkmac said, don't take the bait. And that applies to several here that specialize in that area.

We're all a little better off for your efforts Cheryl. Thanks for what you do.