United Way

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I know it won't end all need, but won't Obamacare take over the work that some charities have been performing? Does this mean that United Way will actually need fewer dollars in the future?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't understand how pushing forward your start time would affect your overall hours worked?
For me it would mean more hours, as I would have to break trace for businesses and would struggle for a longer period of time during rush hour traffic.
It's because of guys like you who have their start time moved to later, yet still clock out at their usual time, that motivates the company to move start times in the first place.

We all know how they do it too.
They still come in well before the old start time and set up their truck.
They run through lunch and breaks and then collectively bitch about it.
Sadly these are the only collective thoughts these Me-sters ever have.

Nobody Home
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
There'll be nobody home.

Sad part is that you are giving the other $40 to UPS every week instead of United Way.

I must be back on "selective ignore".
How convenient.

P

pickup

It was learned dealing with tieguy.
He felt entitled and thought others must respond to his questions.

Speaking of tieguy and his views about United way, if he could post , he would say "don't wanna donate? Fine!. Just remember, you are causing children to starve to death."

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Use small words and lots of pictures.

1341276034769.jpg
1341276034769.jpg

Norma

It's pretty sad when the only way you can get anyone in the company to notice you is to NOT give to the United Way after giving several years is something they brought upon themselves.

I'm not going to discourage anyone from giving, but after 25 years this company needs a wake up call.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
United Way has gotten my last dime. Last year I had donated a substantial amount and had designated a part of it to go to the local YMCA to send a disadvantaged youth to summer camp. Had designated $600 on the pledge card and received a letter from the YMCA in May thanking me for my donation of $252. Have made numerous calls to United Way asking for an explanation of the difference but have yet to get a satisfactory response.
Considering filing a complaint with the BBB. When my pledge card came up in the TP60 this year wrote Kiss My Ass across the front of it and sent it back. From now on I will donate directly to the charities of my choice and leave out the crooked middle man. If UPS don't like it they can donate their own money in my name. United Way will NEVER get another chance from me!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
United Way has gotten my last dime. Last year I had donated a substantial amount and had designated a part of it to go to the local YMCA to send a disadvantaged youth to summer camp. Had designated $600 on the pledge card and received a letter from the YMCA in May thanking me for my donation of $252.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/teamsters-344645/index5.html

I can appreciate anyone, who wants to donate their hard earned money {or personal time} to a charitable cause.

But, why pay for overhead ???

-Bug-

Catatonic

Nine Lives
http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/teamsters-344645/index5.html

I can appreciate anyone, who wants to donate their hard earned money {or personal time} to a charitable cause.

But, why pay for overhead ???

-Bug-

Many people have donated money directly to only find out later that the "Overhead" was over 50%.
Most charitable organizations have much more overhead percentage wise than UW.
To each, his own.
When you donate your time, there is less chance of this siphoning off of the donated resource.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
United Way has gotten my last dime. Last year I had donated a substantial amount and had designated a part of it to go to the local YMCA to send a disadvantaged youth to summer camp. Had designated $600 on the pledge card and received a letter from the YMCA in May thanking me for my donation of $252. Have made numerous calls to United Way asking for an explanation of the difference but have yet to get a satisfactory response.
Considering filing a complaint with the BBB. When my pledge card came up in the TP60 this year wrote Kiss My Ass across the front of it and sent it back. From now on I will donate directly to the charities of my choice and leave out the crooked middle man. If UPS don't like it they can donate their own money in my name. United Way will NEVER get another chance from me!

for what it's worth, designated charity is pretty worthless, they may have done you a favor