Unloading trailer

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Theyre fine.
One driver wastes no time delivering. He gets done so quick nomatter the route. Idk how he does it without cheating...
Hauls ass out the building when start time rolls in
Are you there when the drivers get back in the evening? I doubt they’re “fine.”

Most of the other drivers think the dude you described is a joke.

BiggieBrown

All I know is if I'm in the trailer everyone else better stay the :censored2: out my way because packages are comin and they are comin fast and hard with no hesitation or remorse.

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
All I know is if I'm in the trailer everyone else better stay the :censored2: out my way because packages are comin and they are comin fast and hard with no hesitation or remorse.
tenor (25).gif

unloady

There are so many factors that will affect the time it takes to unload a truck. Is it a shorty? Long box? (53). Do you have extendos? Crappy load/lots of irregs? Tape ups/open boxes? Honestly with everything taken into account a trailer 53' should average about 1.5 hours give or take. But at the end of the day it gets done regardless.

teeitupmo

I am an unloader, in the overnight shift at my facility.

It takes me 35-45min to unload a pup.

It takes me about 90min or a bit less, for a 46-48ft with extendo going into the trailer about 70% of the way.

It takes me about 120min, sometimes less to unload a 53ft/extra long trailer, with extendo into the truck and using t-stands and rollers after the extendo.

I am kind of clock work, my times are pretty consistent, exceptions being if I have an easy trailer times will be shorter, or longer if many irregs in the truck.

Hope that gives you some insight.

Jackofnotrades

Crazy. Messes up the pc drivers day.
Anything after a certain time doesn't register on the DIAD then we have the shuttle meet points witch is usually 10 minutes away from our route. Not sure why they can't meet us on the route... Takes 30 to 40 minutes off our time and well oops there goes our 9.5

Jackofnotrades

I am an unloader, in the overnight shift at my facility.

It takes me 35-45min to unload a pup.

It takes me about 90min or a bit less, for a 46-48ft with extendo going into the trailer about 70% of the way.

It takes me about 120min, sometimes less to unload a 53ft/extra long trailer, with extendo into the truck and using t-stands and rollers after the extendo.

I am kind of clock work, my times are pretty consistent, exceptions being if I have an easy trailer times will be shorter, or longer if many irregs in the truck.

Hope that gives you some insight.
2 hrs to unload a 53? You don't get yelled at

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Anything after a certain time doesn't register on the DIAD then we have the shuttle meet points witch is usually 10 minutes away from our route. Not sure why they can't meet us on the route... Takes 30 to 40 minutes off our time and well oops there goes our 9.5
Your building has enough manpower to individually meet each driver?

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
It's just the shift name... Unload and preload
Tru.

But in the preload shift they specify "unloaders" dealin with trailors and preloaders as package car loaders.

All i know is during preload shift, it sucks for preloaders when they get scheduled after sorters and unload start.
Doesnt end well

Jackofnotrades

Yeah
Tru.

But in the preload shift they specify "unloaders" dealin with trailors and preloaders as package car loaders.

All i know is during preload shift, it sucks for preloaders when they get scheduled after sorters and unload start.
Doesnt end well
Like 10 to 15minutes after the trailers start to get unloaded. Already puts the loaders behind