Unloading trailer

Needabiggerhammer

The rollers with the wheels on the end that you never knew if your foot would be sliced off or the rollers that sit on a post?

Both. We had one set of rollers that rolled out in sections into the trailer that's on a large base you pin in between the trailer and the dock. The others and for all preload trailers were sections of rollers set up on a stand.

We also loaded off of those section rollers sitting on the floor of the trailer. Like in this pic. You can see it on the floor of the trailer buried under all the packages. Yeah, that guy sucked at pick off.
IMG_4004.JPG
keep in mind that's not my load. Nor is it really a load at all. I seem to recall him getting a warning letter over that one.

Anyway, now I'm in maintenance in a hub with automated sorters and full length extendo loaders and unloaders that extend the full 53 instead of some :censored2:ty 6 foot roll case sitting on the ground. I could not have less pity for the people in the hub or on this site that cry about inane :censored2: that makes their job "hard".

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Both. We had one set of rollers that rolled out in sections into the trailer that's on a large base you pin in between the trailer and the dock. The others and for all preload trailers were sections of rollers set up on a stand.

We also loaded off of those section rollers sitting on the floor of the trailer. Like in this pic. You can see it on the floor of the trailer buried under all the packages. Yeah, that guy sucked at pick off. View attachment 247277keep in mind that's not my load. Nor is it really a load at all. I seem to recall him getting a warning letter over that one.

Anyway, now I'm in maintenance in a hub with automated sorters and full length extendo loaders and unloaders that extend the full 53 instead of some :censored2:ty 6 foot roll case sitting on the ground. I could not have less pity for the people in the hub or on this site that cry about inane :censored2: that makes their job "hard".
i dont know what thst is but thats not a load

Staydryitsraining

We also loaded off of those section rollers sitting on the floor of the trailer. Like in this pic. You can see it on the floor of the trailer buried under all the packages. Yeah, that guy sucked at pick off. View attachment 247277keep in mind that's not my load. Nor is it really a load at all. I seem to recall him getting a warning letter over that one.

So the idea was this loader was supposed to take packages off push them to the end of those rollers climb in the truck and stack? The loader is wrong for just throwing :censored2: in the trailer but unless this loader only had 2 trucks to load no way the company is right either.

Needabiggerhammer

i dont know what thst is but thats not a load

keep in mind that's not my load. Nor is it really a load at all. I seem to recall him getting a warning letter over that one.

Agree.

So the idea was this loader was supposed to take packages off push them to the end of those rollers climb in the truck and stack? The loader is wrong for just throwing :censored2: in the trailer but unless this loader only had 2 trucks to load no way the company is right either.

In an ideal world the loader doesn't get that far behind, the loader wasn't throwing the stuff in the trailer, that's the pick off man. The loader is absent in this pic. That picker...sucked. The loader also sucked, play on your phone for 3 or 4 minutes and take packages one at a time to the back and come back to your other trailer looking like that. If you let it go there was nowhere else for packages to go...they belong in that load and the belts not stopping. There's one belt stretching the length of the building, you stop the belt you stop the entire sort, all unload, all load, all sorting, everything. I've seen walls built in the front of the trailer and out into the doghouse/pickoff area that fully blocked access to the trailer because there was nowhere else to put them because the loader isn't putting them away fast enough and the belt "doesn't stop". Even saw that happen with someone inside the trailer.