unloading

dudebro

In my experience, all of UPS's numbers are fudged to meet some kind of profit to work ratio. UPS is untrustworthy as a statistic gathering source, thus all of its data is invalid.

That's cute. It really works the other way around. We need to know how much work we can fairly expect, so we can run and price the rest of the business accordingly. You don't know how those metrics are gathered, I do, and you're simply wrong.

But your argument boils down to, I don't have any facts, other than I show up here everyday. I hereby declare UPS doesn't have any facts, so I win.

Your argument just reiterates what I typed here the first time - your opinion is utterly fact free. But you have the right to go on having it.

dudebro

I'm curious if their required production numbers are the same per trailer load and size.
Yes.

Over the course of 2 minutes, or one trailer, it's not necessarily accurate. Supervisors are taught not to do flow counts on employees that are fighting irregs, because it's not an accurate picture.

A last sequence irreg load will not be unloaded at 1000 per hour or so, and no reasonable management person expects that.

But over the course of multiple trailers over a week or a month, the production standard is accurate +/- 5%, because there will be a representative mix of volume types.

dudebro

Was also told to stop looking where I put things on the conveyor. Just toss them. Don't worry if they're fragile.

Then you were told wrong. The methods are that you're in control of the package until it reaches the surface of the unload device. Control means the package is not going "BOOM!" onto that surface. These methods will accommodate fragile packages.

As for looking at the conveyor, yea. You should only have to glance at it once after you reposition it, then you should keep your eyes on the wall / next package. After that, muscle memory tells you where the conveyor is. You don't need to stare at the conveyor. That method actually IS for your safety, it allows you to dodge a package if it falls out of the wall unexpectedly. If you're staring down at the conveyor, you won't see it.

Then you were told wrong. The methods are that you're in control of the package until it reaches the surface of the unload device. Control means the package is not going "BOOM!" onto that surface. These methods will accommodate fragile packages.

As for looking at the conveyor, yea. You should only have to glance at it once after you reposition it, then you should keep your eyes on the wall / next package. After that, muscle memory tells you where the conveyor is. You don't need to stare at the conveyor. That method actually IS for your safety, it allows you to dodge a package if it falls out of the wall unexpectedly. If you're staring down at the conveyor, you won't see it.
Too much management talk. We are people not machines.

Dr.Brownz

That's cute. It really works the other way around. We need to know how much work we can fairly expect, so we can run and price the rest of the business accordingly. You don't know how those metrics are gathered, I do, and you're simply wrong.

But your argument boils down to, I don't have any facts, other than I show up here everyday. I hereby declare UPS doesn't have any facts, so I win.

Your argument just reiterates what I typed here the first time - your opinion is utterly fact free. But you have the right to go on having it.

Yeah you guys take statistics based on drivers who run, speed, skip lunch and breaks and then call that "scratch". Then yall internalize the numbers to be a holy standard and get emotional when people don't meet them.

Dr.Brownz

Unless doing that causes you not to meet the numbers right!?

dudebro

Your attitude is my point
Those who can not do the job are somehow left in charge

Just remember you got a bunch of workers who are not getting paid top dollar

A little kindness goes a long way.
Kind? From the people inferring that I'm part time, young, new, drinking koolaid, etc. I'm the one with attitude? That's rich. I've been sticking to information.

Kind? From the people inferring that I'm part time, young, new, drinking koolaid, etc. I'm the one with attitude? That's rich. I've been sticking to information.
I can only tell you from my personal experience. You treat me like a person and you will get back more than you give

You wanna be an ass about, I will screw your eyes out.

Some management gets it and others don't.

dudebro

I can only tell you from my personal experience. You treat me like a person and you will get back more than you give

You wanna be an ass about, I will screw your eyes out.

Some management gets it and others don't.
Works both ways. There are folks who, if you ask them nicely to have a good morning today, tell you to go friend yourself.