Unsafe Equipment - ON TOPIC

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's ok, he was only seasonal. Always report any accidents, no matter what you're afraid will happen as a result. Since the alternative is getting walked out.
I agree. Call in any accident. But damn, how evil and sick can a person be to get joy out of calling in and telling on another driver to get them fired. Damn.

OptimusPrime

I don't think the company puts safety as its first priority. Case in point every time I leave the building in a package car with only a lap belt. The 3 point harness which is heads and tails better than the lap belt has been around since 1959. Give or take. It was Volvo back in the day.

gingerkat

It has been my observation that after this holiday season, much of our equipment is in need of repair.

I have noticed many trailers are out of alignment, or dogged. It is my hypothesis that many of the poorly trained seasonal workers and contractors have hit curbs without reporting it. This issue is hard to diagnose until a driver is out on the road.

To my fellow members, are you experiencing issues such as ChickenLegs has described?
No offense, but how do you guys even respond to someone that speaks of himself as a third party? Or was this an accident?

Thebrownstreak

Hope you feel good about yourself. Hope you can sleep at night. Hope the guy did dent have a bunch of kids at home and a wife and a house and car payment. Hope he doesn't find out who you are and where you live
This is the same guy who almost ran over my wife and daughters 2 weeks prior when he ran the stop sign at the same corner.

Thebrownstreak

I'm a former driver who got injured on the job and am now back in school. I could care less what you may think of me. He was a seasonal hire who almost killed my wife and daughters, who then destroyed the corner on my street, who drove down my residential road at high rates of speed. As the way i see it, I did nothing wrong reporting him.

Thebrownstreak

Just because you have a hard time believing something doesn't mean anything. A troll i am not. I could say the same thing about you brown12345

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have a really , really hard time believing this. All the sudden now he also tried to run your kids over. I call bs. Troll.
Just because you are in management does not mean you should expect other people to act without integrity and not do what is right.

I feel strongly that I know which of you two have integrity.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just because you have a hard time believing something doesn't mean anything. A troll i am not. I could say the same thing about you brown12345
Ok. So let me get this straight. This driver almost kills your children by running them over and all is good. 2 weeks later he hits a curb and you "call it in" and he is fired. Lmfao

Thebrownstreak

I wasn't ok with it. But i also didn't know about it at that time. It took me seeing him destroy the corner that my wife then told me about him running the stop sign. I don't know why i'm wasting my time with trying to justify my actions. You are of little consequence to me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wasn't ok with it. But i also didn't know about it at that time. It took me seeing him destroy the corner that my wife then told me about him running the stop sign. I don't know why i'm wasting my time with trying to justify my actions. You are of little consequence to me.
You are a former driver who got injured...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hope you feel good about yourself. Hope you can sleep at night. Hope the guy did dent have a bunch of kids at home and a wife and a house and car payment. Hope he doesn't find out who you are and where you live
Hope you are management and not a union "brother". Hope you don't live in a glass house.

So this "brotherhood" makes it OK to look the other way when one of our "brethren" causes significant property damage and fails to report the accident to management?

cino321

So this "brotherhood" makes it OK to look the other way when one of our "brethren" causes significant property damage and fails to report the accident to management?

Listen, this situation sucks no matter what.

I'm busy informing all of our trainees and reminding current service providers to come forward and report all their mistakes when they happen at every meeting.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't think the company puts safety as its first priority. Case in point every time I leave the building in a package car with only a lap belt. The 3 point harness which is heads and tails better than the lap belt has been around since 1959. Give or take. It was Volvo back in the day.

1st optional seat belt---Nash-1949
1st standard equipment seat belt---SAAB-1958

rod

Retired 22 years
For about the 1st five years I drove a package car in the early 70's there were no seat belts in them. It was a thrill driving down a wash board road at 60-70 mph with the doors open- hanging on for dear life. I did have a couple of close calls where I just about fell out. Back then the drivers seat pedestal was hinged at the floor so you could fold the seat pedestal forward against the steering wheel and exit out the drivers door with a package. When they first installed the new seat belts they just mounted them to the seat frame and left it so the seat would still fold forward so if you got into an accident the whole works would fold against the steering wheel. Hows that for a plan? It took about another year for them to finally weld the pedestal solid to the floor. Then it took about another 2 years or so before they insisted you wear your seat belt at all times. When they first installed them they (at least at my center) actually didn't want you to use them unless you were running a highway. They said using them in town took too long. I didn't have a 3 point safety belt in a UPS truck until 4 years before I retired.