Unused sick pay...

fatboy33

It's seems the unused sick pay is being paid out later and later every year. Does anyone know when will this years payout happen?

falcon back

LOL

Time to panic. Seems like it was always the 1st or 2nd paycheck of July. Besides, most lazy ass people on here burned their sick days having their nails done or something else besides what they were intended for.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Is it going to be an ongoing thing or is it going to be like the 'step' program?
Can roll up to 40 hours a year but can't have any more than 80 hours on the books at a time. Not sure if you can take the payout for some and roll the rest, but I think so.

falcon back

Can roll up to 40 hours a year but can't have any more than 80 hours on the books at a time. Not sure if you can take the payout for some and roll the rest, but I think so.
Sounds like a great plan, wish it was available when I was working. Did it start with the new fiscal year?

fdxsux

LOL

Time to panic. Seems like it was always the 1st or 2nd paycheck of July. Besides, most lazy ass people on here burned their sick days having their nails done or something else besides what they were intended for.
Used to be in June. Last few years it’s been July.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds like a great plan, wish it was available when I was working. Did it start with the new fiscal year?
I'm not sure if it starts with the unused sick days for the fiscal year we just finished or for the one we just started. Ops managers should be getting handouts on it if they haven't gotten them already.

falcon back

I'm not sure if it starts with the unused sick days for the fiscal year we just finished or for the one we just started. Ops managers should be getting handouts on it if they haven't gotten them already.
As anxious as the employees are each year for their payout, I am curious how many will opt to rollover vs. taking the quick money. Short term thinking is the way most people are these days.

Star B

White Lightening
This is a welcome change. Being able to carry over at least some sick time is a good thing.

fdxsux

Might as well just take the payout. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. Unless they’ll pay it at next year’s pay rate, then you will get 2% more! 😁

falcon back

Might as well just take the payout. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. Unless they’ll pay it at next year’s pay rate, then you will get 2% more! 😁
Lazy ass people like you are usually out of sick time by Labor Day. Most likely you fall in that category