Upcoming 401(k) Changes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So when they're making tons of profit it's not prudent. Gotcha.
They're making tons of profit due to a temporary circumstance and you think that justifies making a long-term financial commitment.

Sound financial advice from a guy who pissed away a windfall that anyone with half a brain would have saved.

MAKAVELI

They're making tons of profit due to a temporary circumstance and you think that justifies making a long-term financial commitment.

Sound financial advice from a guy who pissed away a windfall that anyone with half a brain would have saved.
Every year is a temporary circumstance. That's a lame excuse.

vantexan

So in other words the step progression pay plan was never legitimate. If they can't keep to it now how will they when the "temporary circumstance" goes away?

As far as my "windfall" goes that was all on paper. The market took a huge dip and knocked me out of it. Then a freeze warning in Brazil came and it exploded upward. All I could do was watch. A day late and a dollar short. The difference between you and me is I have no problem telling you about this. I suspect you would never admit to coming up short.

AB831

So in other words the step progression pay plan was never legitimate. If they can't keep to it now how will they when the "temporary circumstance" goes away?

As far as my "windfall" goes that was all on paper. The market took a huge dip and knocked me out of it. Then a freeze warning in Brazil came and it exploded upward. All I could do was watch. A day late and a dollar short. The difference between you and me is I have no problem telling you about this. I suspect you would never admit to coming up short.
Of course the step progression plan was never legitimate. What have they honored it, like 25% of the time since instituting it?

AB831

I believe it started in 2016 and they honored it every year until this year. That would be 80%. I may be wrong.
I left November of 2020. The last time I went up a step was April of 2018. So I guess, it was more like 50%. We met in the middle

vantexan

2% in Oct 2019. 2% in 2020.
Step plan started in 2016.
OK, 60% of the time since inception, not 25%. For whatever reason they didn't give it in 2019, there shouldn't have been an excuse for 2020 considering they've been blown out most of the year. When we got 2% raises years ago it apparently was to put money into Ground infrastructure. Can only surmise at this point that they're trying to make up lost ground for recent expensive mistakes they've made while still keeping profits up for Wall Street. And as usual taking from employees to do it.

McFeely

Huge Member
And technically the raise in 2016 was not generally a full step for everyone. Some people got close to 6% and some got much closer to 3%.