Upcoming 401(k) Changes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So in other words the step progression pay plan was never legitimate. If they can't keep to it now how will they when the "temporary circumstance" goes away?
Dude, they made it clear from the beginning. You chose the way you wanted to interpret it, and that's on you.

As far as my "windfall" goes that was all on paper. The market took a huge dip and knocked me out of it. Then a freeze warning in Brazil came and it exploded upward. All I could do was watch. A day late and a dollar short. The difference between you and me is I have no problem telling you about this. I suspect you would never admit to coming up short.
If I came up on the wrong end? Would have no problem admitting it. In fact, I wasted too many years in radio to learn that the parts of it I loved didn't pay worth a crap and the parts that paid well, I either didn't like or couldn't do very well (if not both). Glad to have gotten out of that and into package transport.

If I did like you and gambled myself into a fortune only to lose it all, I'd be too embarrassed. Who gambles himself into a pot of money that big and doesn't cash the hell out?????

59 Dano

I’m surprised you believe there’s a global pandemic since you’re a MAGA Faux News guy.
MF used to make those same gratuitous irrelevant comments about Fox News, and just like you, he called then Faux, too!

You two have so much in common, I can't imagine how you manage to ignore each other's posts. One would think y'all would hit it off like crazy.

59 Dano

OK, 60% of the time since inception, not 25%. For whatever reason they didn't give it in 2019, there shouldn't have been an excuse for 2020 considering they've been blown out most of the year. When we got 2% raises years ago it apparently was to put money into Ground infrastructure. Can only surmise at this point that they're trying to make up lost ground for recent expensive mistakes they've made while still keeping profits up for Wall Street. And as usual taking from employees to do it.
Mr. Bezos speaks.

MAKAVELI

Dude, they made it clear from the beginning. You chose the way you wanted to interpret it, and that's on you.

If I came up on the wrong end? Would have no problem admitting it. In fact, I wasted too many years in radio to learn that the parts of it I loved didn't pay worth a crap and the parts that paid well, I either didn't like or couldn't do very well (if not both). Glad to have gotten out of that and into package transport.

If I did like you and gambled myself into a fortune only to lose it all, I'd be too embarrassed. Who gambles himself into a pot of money that big and doesn't cash the hell out?????
Only an idiot would believe the company couldn't afford to continue the step program. Congrats on that outstanding achievement!🙃

It will be fine

Only an idiot would believe the company couldn't afford to continue the step program. Congrats on that outstanding achievement!🙃
The step plan was put in to slow turnover. Sky high unemployment will take care of that this year and likely next as well. The company’s profit margin has little bearing on when steps will increase.

vantexan

It's not gambling. I'd explain it to you but then I'd have to kill you.

AB831

MF used to make those same gratuitous irrelevant comments about Fox News, and just like you, he called then Faux, too!

You two have so much in common, I can't imagine how you manage to ignore each other's posts. One would think y'all would hit it off like crazy.
Cool story. Tell someone who cares.

floridays

Only an idiot would look at such an extraordinary set of circumstances whose extent nor intensity can be predicted and think that they justify long-term financial commitments on such a large scale.
Let's get this straight, you are still talking about the step program?

If we are on the same page, exactly what precipitated the "long-term financial commitment" when they instituted the program?

You're a believer, square this with me

Luke 14:28

King James Version

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Who is your master? (my question)

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Who is your master? (my question again)

If you do have ears, hear the question.

My master rebuilt the temple in three days.

59 Dano

Let's get this straight, you are still talking about the step program?

If we are on the same page, exactly what precipitated the "long-term financial commitment" when they instituted the program?

You're a believer, square this with me

Luke 14:28​

King James Version​

28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Who is your master? (my question)

29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Who is your master? (my question again)

If you do have ears, hear the question.

My master rebuilt the temple in three days.
Look who got computer privileges in the rec room at the state hospital!

vantexan

OK, it's someone who doesn't know what he's doing getting lucky.
Chief, before you get into commodities trading you have to have a knowledge of technical and fundamental analysis. You've got to understand the mechanics of making a trade. What to do to protect your position. Moves at a much faster rate than trading stocks, and because you're highly leveraged you can lose a lot more than you initially invested, and very quickly. But I will give you this, I was 32 and new to trading. I turned $4300 into $11000 in 17 small trades before I caught a large move up in coffee futures. Every indication was that coffee potentially had a huge move coming. I held on when I shouldn't. As I mentioned in futures you're highly leveraged. A move against you in a volatile market can result in large losses very quickly, as my lack of trading experience found out. I exited with $7000 in profit. Then a freeze warning in Brazil skyrocketed the market the day after I exited. If I had been able to hold on I would've made enough to leave FedEx after taxes and retire at 32. Such is life. Now I'm sure you'll pick this apart and tell me what a fool I was. At least I tried.

59 Dano

Chief, before you get into commodities trading you have to have a knowledge of technical and fundamental analysis. You've got to understand the mechanics of making a trade. What to do to protect your position. Moves at a much faster rate than trading stocks, and because you're highly leveraged you can lose a lot more than you initially invested, and very quickly. But I will give you this, I was 32 and new to trading. I turned $4300 into $11000 in 17 small trades before I caught a large move up in coffee futures. Every indication was that coffee potentially had a huge move coming. I held on when I shouldn't. As I mentioned in futures you're highly leveraged. A move against you in a volatile market can result in large losses very quickly, as my lack of trading experience found out. I exited with $7000 in profit. Then a freeze warning in Brazil skyrocketed the market the day after I exited. If I had been able to hold on I would've made enough to leave FedEx after taxes and retire at 32. Such is life. Now I'm sure you'll pick this apart and tell me what a fool I was.
There's nothing to pick apart. You didn't know what you were doing and have been scraping by ever since.
At least I tried.
Congratulations.

vantexan

There's nothing to pick apart. You didn't know what you were doing and have been scraping by ever since.

Congratulations.
I made a profit. And had nothing to do with my scraping by. That's FedEx telling me I would too out in 7 to 8 years. They lied, my future died.

59 Dano

I made a profit. And had nothing to do with my scraping by. That's FedEx telling me I would too out in 7 to 8 years. They lied, my future died.
Any idiot can gamble his way into a profit. I see it every time I go to Vegas.

And the first time you told the story, you got sued and lost it all because you didn't bother to show up in court. Another smart move.