UPS — Pre-load

nikki27

How's that sort going? Did you make it past seasonal. Kids thinking they are entitled. Then wanted to say how sort is the toughest job. Ps sweet pea, you are not a preloader, you work sort. Cmon over and let us show you some hard work.

laffter

How can the OP be sorting on the 1st day? Isn't that a preferred position that should go to a senior employee?

Sent using BrownCafe App

No. "Sorter" does not appear on bid sheets. If you can't bid on it, then it is not a preferred position and they can put anyone from that shift in that spot. Unless this varies by region, but I don't believe so. Here, "preload" consists of loaders, unloaders, sorters (primary and pick-off), irreg drivers, "scanners", and whatever positions there are in small sort... They can move anyone from preload into any of these positions at any time.

BrownRoosterBrownBull

I bleed brown
Btw, I did not clock in today I was just assigned to positions. Will I obtain a user ID to clock in? How does UPS clock in system work. My sup knows I did work however 4 hours and so does HR. I just don't want them not counting my work just because I wasn't assigned an ID and wasn't put into the system right away

I think you need an employee ID. You should have one if you are employed by UPS.

After that, you should just need to be added to the system.

hope that helps

Edit: oops, haven't had my coffee yet today. Didn't read the entire thread yet.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Funny headsup regarding the preload - apparently the majority of new hires have been quitting. I believe the rate was 75% thus far. I won't go any further seeing "people" read here. :)

PT Car Washer

I think it was 1982 when UPS and the Teamsters started the two tier wage system for PT. $8.00/hr starting wage. Less then what I was making but still way above min. wage. I don't thing anybody could have imagined it would be the same starting wage 30 years later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny headsup regarding the preload - apparently the majority of new hires have been quitting. I believe the rate was 75% thus far. I won't go any further seeing "people" read here. :)
Lol from what I understand the last few groups here have come in for the tour and before its over they tell HR they aren't interested anymore.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree,...even with a 1.50 raise on the starting wage....they can't get them to stay more than a few weeks.
$10 was bare min needed to pass the contract. $12 is about where it needs to be to retain employees.

The union acted like $1.50 was so awesome but even then after 90 days it was only a 50 cent raise. Kids are on their parents insurance until 26 now. They could care less about that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
$10 was bare min needed to pass the contract. $12 is about where it needs to be to retain employees.

The union acted like $1.50 was so awesome but even then after 90 days it was only a 50 cent raise. Kids are on their parents insurance until 26 now. They could care less about that.
That's true...remember when it was 18 unless you were FT college student?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That was like 4 years ago. Yeah I remember.....
3087675.jpg