UPS Contract to be re-negotiated?

UPS Preloader

re: Current Results - (Renegotiations???)

The people on the Vote No on UPS Contract facebook page are celebrating victory. As they believe the national is going back.
The National will not have a re-vote unless the bargaining for the local supplements results in a revised tentative agreement. Then and only then the proposal shall be submitted to the affected members for another vote. (Spelled out in the IBT Constitution.)

Or maybe UPS & Teamsters re-group, survey why employees turned it down, determine that PTers were most upset with the changes, offer them $1,000 signing bonus to offset increased costs, send out a second round of ballots, only one-quarter of the original people who voted do so again & it easily passes.
Or maybe that's not enough. Maybe healthcare needs to change. Anyone that has a half of a brain will see that. Also Pters don't have the large vote. It's the Fters. They are going to need more then a $1000 bonus. You could also see more employees vote next time around. Healthcare is the problem. Plain and simple.

The yes voters have great healthcare. NE, great plan that meets their needs. South, going into CS. Which is better then what they have. CS has a plan that they are happy with. If not then they should have voted no. But the ones that voted no have problems other then healthcare or healthcare. So like I said $1000 not good enough.

​ I don't know all the locals that voted their supplements down. So this will be interesting.

twoweeled

TDU is now saying the national master agreement will be renegotiated. hall must go back to the table. That the national agreement can't be signed. With so many supplements and riders being rejected, they must fix the issues, and we will revote...is this really possible?

I don't think TDU said there would be another vote, but i could be wrong. I didn't go through the entire sight. TDU did say all at least 14 riders and supplementals didn't pass, and they would have to be renegotiated. I'm waiting to see how this will play out.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Why would it put a target on guys that are that close to. retirement and will get their money anyway.

I see a target on the 5-15 year drivers. The company has little invested in them and can hire someone that won't top out until the end of this contract almost.

It not the company whom I worry about now. 20 plus is bigger payouts

twoweeled

Or maybe that's not enough. Maybe healthcare needs to change. Anyone that has a half of a brain will see that. Also Pters don't have the large vote. It's the Fters. They are going to need more then a $1000 bonus. You could also see more employees vote next time around. Healthcare is the problem. Plain and simple.

The yes voters have great healthcare. NE, great plan that meets their needs. South, going into CS. Which is better then what they have. CS has a plan that they are happy with. If not then they should have voted no. But the ones that voted no have problems other then healthcare or healthcare. So like I said $1000 not good enough.

​ I don't know all the locals that voted their supplements down. So this will be interesting.

Now we will hear a lot of BS being thrown around from both the company, and the Union. People, we have to look into this for ourselves. We cannot sit back and rely on flyers for the accurate information. We can win this. First the company is going to put the word out, "we (UPS) are not going to budge". Then when they are at the bargaining table, the first offers are going to be BS offers! We have to hang tough! Large companies such as Amazon, have been told by the company everything was fine. UPS is hearing some grief now that everything isn't fine! :wink2:

Brown trying to buy votes?????/

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

SoCal is the only region to see a surge in voting. I would bet many of those "new" votes came from PT.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
a little off topic but on the list of locals it has local 926 with very few members/votes...does anyone know what employees at ups are covered by that local?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I honestly think one of the biggest reasons, besides healthcare, was the fact that ups has treated us all like a piece of machinery, worked us hard, late, with absolutely no regards to our well being or safety. I know ups has hever been a touchy, feel good company and thats not the issue. I know they have expected alot out of their employees in regards to every aspect of our jobs, that again isnt a problem for most and not an issue. Its just the relentless crap that people have had to deal with, including front line management, that do nothing in the big picture than to degrade the folks that help produce the profits in the day to day operations here. Ups folks want to see this company be profitable and to grow, we want to have the highest customer service possible each and every day...stop treating us like we are all the problem, like we caused the recession, that we caused fedex to be born and grow into what it is today, that we caused the high gas prices...it seems that in most cases the hourly care more about the customers than the folks that run this company...people are fed up with the harassment and micromanagement..and they have voted it loud and clear.

d-rek357

Coldworld I'm with you 100%, I want ups to succeed and grow and happy employees and customers can help that. Unhappy customers leave. Unhappy employees vote down contract proposals.

The Milkman

I honestly think one of the biggest reasons, besides healthcare, was the fact that ups has treated us all like a piece of machinery, worked us hard, late, with absolutely no regards to our well being or safety. I know ups has hever been a touchy, feel good company and thats not the issue. I know they have expected alot out of their employees in regards to every aspect of our jobs, that again isnt a problem for most and not an issue. Its just the relentless crap that people have had to deal with, including front line management, that do nothing in the big picture than to degrade the folks that help produce the profits in the day to day operations here. Ups folks want to see this company be profitable and to grow, we want to have the highest customer service possible each and every day...stop treating us like we are all the problem, like we caused the recession, that we caused fedex to be born and grow into what it is today, that we caused the high gas prices...it seems that in most cases the hourly care more about the customers than the folks that run this company...people are fed up with the harassment and micromanagement..and they have voted it loud and clear.

:bpotd::choir:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Current Result

I obviously don't know the locals nationally like some here. Any idea why Wisconsin and Minnesota are hugely for this contract (and supplement) while the rest of the central region seems pretty skeptical.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Current Result

I obviously don't know the locals nationally like some here. Any idea why Wisconsin and Minnesota are hugely for this contract (and supplement) while the rest of the central region seems pretty skeptical.

All members in WI and MN get an autographed picture of Michele Bachmann eating the kielbasa if it passes!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Couldn't have said it better myself. I wanted Atlanta to acknowledge the fact that, they've demanded a lot from us in the last five years. I wanted them to acknowledge that we've delivered. I wanted them to make a good faith pledge to create a less hostile work environment.

What we got was, "We'll send an agreed upon amount of money to your union for your healthcare, good luck with that cuz, we're washing our hands of it." "Heck, we're so benevolent, well even throw in a$5 per hour raise in to sweeten the deal."

The daily beat downs I hoped would disappear (via unshakeable 9.5 language) will not. In fact, hold onto to your ankles because, they will only get worse.

I would've settled for less money. I would've been willing to financially contribute to my family's healthcare. After all, they've primed us in the art of giving. We've made them a profitable company in spite of a down economy. Is it so unreasonable to ask for them to "call their dogs off of us?"