UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

Red Headed Stranger

Our center never received the MRA nor an attendance bonus. We've always been at the $15.33/hour ($15.00 + COLA). Unfortunately, your choices are to stick it out and get the great insurance plus the opportunity to drive (if that is your desire) or sell your skills to the next highest bidder. Good luck!

Labelflipper

I’m sure people will quit. Why kill yourself for 15 bucks an hr.
Well, it might just be me......not many companies that I know of in AZ offer part-time jobs with benefits, and for me, the hours work out, and location is very close. Although I am upset about everything that happened, it's more because I wasn't informed that things like that could happen. I was informed what the contract was paying when I first started, and I was fine with it, but I did not know any increases above that could be taken away. I understand it all now, and am still thankful I have a job there, for now, that works with my life.

Not killing myself to do the job, (and everyone on here will hate me now, I'm thinking) but I have to be honest, I got very lucky (blessed) to get into Revenue Recovery around 2 or 3 weeks after I started probably cuz it was a new Hub. I was loading package cars the first few 2 or 3 weeks and then one day they just moved 5 of us over to Rev Rec and I was one of them. Saying I was very blessed because I would of had to quit if that wouldn't have happened.

Because of all that, I usually don't complain too much about UPS as a company, but when I do, it's like I said, it's more not being notified about things that are happening with pay, like my first post about part timers.

Sorry, TMI, just had to get that out there.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well, it might just be me......not many companies that I know of in AZ offer part-time jobs with benefits, and for me, the hours work out, and location is very close. Although I am upset about everything that happened, it's more because I wasn't informed that things like that could happen. I was informed what the contract was paying when I first started, and I was fine with it, but I did not know any increases above that could be taken away. I understand it all now, and am still thankful I have a job there, for now, that works with my life.

Not killing myself to do the job, (and everyone on here will hate me now, I'm thinking) but I have to be honest, I got very lucky (blessed) to get into Revenue Recovery around 2 or 3 weeks after I started probably cuz it was a new Hub. I was loading package cars the first few 2 or 3 weeks and then one day they just moved 5 of us over to Rev Rec and I was one of them. Saying I was very blessed because I would of had to quit if that wouldn't have happened.

Because of all that, I usually don't complain too much about UPS as a company, but when I do, it's like I said, it's more not being notified about things that are happening with pay, like my first post about part timers.

Sorry, TMI, just had to get that out there.
Hey, good for you.

Labelflipper

Find out when your union meeting is and go attend it
It's this Saturday. I will attend it. It says it's a general meeting. Is it just showing up that counts, or is there a time when people can speak?? Never been to one, cuz didn't know I could attend one. The only thing I know about the Union since I started 2.5 years ago is to go to the steward if you have any problems. Nothing was ever said about going to meetings or anything like that.

It's this Saturday. I will attend it. It says it's a general meeting. Is it just showing up that counts, or is there a time when people can speak?? Never been to one, cuz didn't know I could attend one. The only thing I know about the Union since I started 2.5 years ago is to go to the steward if you have any problems. Nothing was ever said about going to meetings or anything like that.
Go to the meeting and listen to everything I have to say then they usually have an open mic where you can ask your questions