UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

From a Land Brown Under

I think anyone who hasn't dealt with being a part-timer needs to realize the times are not the same anymore. You can't talk people who are struggling RIGHT NOW for a better future someday when they continue to be outpaced financially. The numbers show in the not only rise in membership, but steep decline right after a year.

I think anyone who hasn't dealt with being a part-timer needs to realize the times are not the same anymore. You can't talk people who are struggling RIGHT NOW for a better future someday when they continue to be outpaced financially. The numbers show in the not only rise in membership, but steep decline right after a year.
You aren't getting it
Part-time job here was never designed to sustain someone financially.
It was a stepping stone to get in here to get a full-time driving job

And yes most of us started at part-time and you know we did we had other part-time jobs side gigs whatever we had to do to survive

From a Land Brown Under

You aren't getting it

And yes most of us started at part-time and you know we did we had other part-time jobs side gigs whatever we had to do to survive
See this is just a generation gap thing. You're telling me things I already know but message does not hit on the new generation. A simple case of the people who already got the "friend you I got mine" mentality.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
The company don't give a rats ass about you neither does the union.Accept it or quit simple as that why does there need to be a million threads for this?

Labelflipper

Go to the meeting and listen to everything I have to say then they usually have an open mic where you can ask your questions
That's cool. You said "listen to everything I have to say", did you mean listen to everything "they" have to to say??, or are you going to be at the meeting?? Don't want to assume anything...

Swanson

That's cool. You said "listen to everything I have to say", did you mean listen to everything "they" have to to say??, or are you going to be at the meeting?? Don't want to assume anything...
I don't see anything coming out of it considering the language in the contract.The only way which would force them to pay a better wage is if supervisors couldn't do all the work.(perhaps a union campaign to write up every supervisor everytime they touch a package)

From a Land Brown Under

I don't see anything coming out of it considering the language in the contract.The only way which would force them to pay a better wage is if supervisors couldn't do all the work.(perhaps a union campaign to write up every supervisor everytime they touch a package)
That is the problem. Everyday is short staffed and gives the company leeway to work all the time. Trust me when I say when I asked about it I might as well been told to pound sand or hail marry anytime I filed on sups working.

Non sequitur

You aren't getting it

Worked a full-time job in addition to PT at UPS. Lived with parents and saved for a down payment for my first house.

Swanson

That is the problem. Everyday is short staffed and gives the company leeway to work all the time. Trust me when I say when I asked about it I might as well been told to pound sand or hail marry anytime I filed on sups working.
Well here are you options write them all up until you get demoralized and quit.Become a sup and do the same job with better pay.Suck it up and wait to become a driver.Or just quit.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes, the retention bonus was taken away
001039B0-CB51-478A-B1DA-6DC4A671AB7E.jpeg

Labelflipper

No it's a sense of entitlement
I showed up for work just pay me
That's not how life works, if you want something you got to earn it
I feel the same way about the entitlement thing with the younger generation, cuz I'm older, (not sure if you are older). See it in action every day. But think he may be referring to the wage needs to be with the times and may also be referring to how long it takes to get to a FT or Driver job at UPS. As a younger person, yes I would think they would do other side gigs while waiting, so I do see your point. And yes, if someone wants FT or Driver at UPS, it seems like it takes a long time.

I feel the same way about the entitlement thing with the younger generation, cuz I'm older, (not sure if you are older). See it in action every day. But think he may be referring to the wage needs to be with the times and may also be referring to how long it takes to get to a FT or Driver job at UPS. As a younger person, yes I would think they would do other side gigs while waiting, so I do see your point. And yes, if someone wants FT or Driver at UPS, it seems like it takes a long time.
Even a new drivers don't stay that long so I'm sure the wait is much shorter to get on than it was when I started

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I love watching supervisors work , I stand behind them and tell them I’m doing an observation on them. I pretend to write on a clipboard too. I think then they realize how stupid they sound..
✊🧔

From a Land Brown Under

I just want to point out how people sound like management to younger people regarding work ethic or not being paid enough. I’m literally ground level dealing with PT people who know they’ll drive and quit still. This is why the part time people don’t see any positives in getting involved. The union guys just sound like management scabs to the new generation.