UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

quad decade guy

So (I apologize for the following example sounding a bit dumb, but I’m asking this because I don’t know anything about working at UPS nor have ever had a job there or how the scheduling goes):

let’s say he puts down that he can work from 10am - 4:30pm or 5pm if he decides to apply for the position and is getting interviewed.....would that be accepted by his boss to be and be part of his delivery driver schedule?
I didn't see anywhere in your description of the job......that the driver gets to do anything he wants. Or sets terms and limitations.

Save some time on here and in your life......and send the BF to college.......they have the Bankers hours you are looking for.

One day at a time

I came across a UPS Delivery Driver full time job and I thought it’d be a good suggestion for my boyfriend to apply to. But the description says the driver would be working for eight hours on a flexible schedule Tuesdays to Saturdays and no longer Mondays. What is an eight hour flexible delivery driving schedule like at UPS? What does it look like? Do you only get to work up to eight hours? What was your experience like as a package delivery driver?
If you have to do all the leg work for your boyfriend,cause he’s lazy. This job is not for him,and he’s not for you.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
So (I apologize for the following example sounding a bit dumb, but I’m asking this because I don’t know anything about working at UPS nor have ever had a job there or how the scheduling goes):

let’s say he puts down that he can work from 10am - 4:30pm or 5pm if he decides to apply for the position and is getting interviewed.....would that be accepted by his boss to be and be part of his delivery driver schedule?

When they say flexible, they mean you. Not them. Start at the start time, work until they tell you you are done. Legal max 14 hours. If you get out in under 9.5 hrs it’s a good day.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
If you have to do all the leg work for your boyfriend,cause he’s lazy. This job is not for him,and he’s not for you.
My boyfriend’s been looking for jobs, too, and applying and I’m just helping him out. You don’t know him as long as I have. He’s far from lazy that’s for damn sure. I was curious about this for him and I wanted to know more about the package delivery driver job

allahuakbar

She/Her
There’s no such thing as a “flexible schedule” they just put that to get feet in the door. Just like when a job post says “up to 20$ based on experience”and it’s really just minimum wage.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Brown Biscuit, I’m only asking because I’m curious and I also don’t understand what a 22.4 position means
Do you do all of boyfriends leg work for him?
Or does he not know how to internet?
Or does he just want to keep laying on the couch smoking weed and playing cod and you are messing that up for him by trying to make him get a job?

agoodfriend

Do you do all of boyfriends leg work for him?
Or does he not know how to internet?
Or does he just want to keep laying on the couch smoking weed and playing cod and you are messing that up for him by trying to make him get a job?
No problem. It’s a solid job with good pay and benefits. But I never make plans on work nights any more

He’s been working the same part time job and he’s been looking for other jobs and applying and going to interviews, you :censored2:! He doesn’t smoke pot and he doesn’t sit around the couch you dick! Maybe that’s what you :censored2:ing do but not him!

Yeah, Red Devil, he’s definitely not a good fit for this job because he needs a job where he doesn’t have to work nights. I appreciate your answers very much. They’ve been very helpful.

agoodfriend

Since....2015 or 2016, I’ve always like the image of him as a UPS truck driver and looking very sexy in that uniform I confess

Zowert

He will not get to pick and choose what hours he wants to work. They post a start time every week and he will need to report to work at that scheduled time. What time he gets off work will depend on his workload, how many stops and how quick he can get them finished. Tues-Sat is a 22.4 driver, so he will often be instructed to help other drivers if need be. Count on AT LEAST 8 hour days, more than likely he will be working well over 10 hours a day. Depending on the center, your boyfriend may be working 60 hours a week, every damn week. UPS likes to run 22.4 drivers into the ground because they can’t grieve it.

agoodfriend

He will not get to pick and choose what hours he wants to work. They post a start time every week and he will need to report to work at that scheduled time. What time he gets off work will depend on his workload, how many stops and how quick he can get them finished. Tues-Sat is a 22.4 driver, so he will often be instructed to help other drivers if need be. Count on AT LEAST 8 hour days, more than likely he will be working well over 10 hours a day.

Wow! Holy :censored2:! Thank you very much for you answer....wow! :censored2:.....

He will not get to pick and choose what hours he wants to work. They post a start time every week and he will need to report to work at that scheduled time. What time he gets off work will depend on his workload, how many stops and how quick he can get them finished. Tues-Sat is a 22.4 driver, so he will often be instructed to help other drivers if need be. Count on AT LEAST 8 hour days, more than likely he will be working well over 10 hours a day. Depending on the center, your boyfriend may be working 60 hours a week, every damn week. UPS likes to run 22.4 drivers into the ground because they can’t grieve it.
You also did not mention that he needs to qualify first. He could work work 12 hours one day and not work for another week

agoodfriend

There’s this other job I found
Now about what your bottom list when you start. Some days will be work for you some days their won't
It's a hard job to try to pay your bills when you first start out.
Well, he’s been working at the same job for ten years now and I thought maybe this job with it being a full-time job could help him out additionally much more with benefits and all that but if he’d have to work nights, it’s not going to be a good match for him

There’s this other job I found

Well, he’s been working at the same job for ten years now and I thought maybe this job with it being a full-time job could help him out additionally much more with benefits and all that but if he’d have to work nights, it’s not going to be a good match for him
There's no guaranteeing that if he gets hired for this job that he's going to qualify then he will have nothing.