UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
I agree with you on that one, @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U. There’s this other full time job I found that I have in mind for him, too, while he’s been continuously searching:

UPS is recruiting individuals to work as Full-Time, Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers. This position involves the timely pickup, labeling, loading and delivery of shipments, using the equipment, policies and procedures required by the company. Qualified applicants are required to have a valid class A Commercial Drivers License with a HazMat endorsement. Candidates are required to pass a UPS road test, DOT physical exam and a drug screen. Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills, including the ability to operate a vehicle equipped with a standard (manual) transmission, lift gates and other material handling equipment. This position could involve driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more customer locations and returning to the original domicile during the same shift. Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS Cartage Services appearance guidelines. Individuals should be able to work without immediate supervision.

Last edited:
Very true.
Don't pay attention to @burrheadd, he's just tryin'a get you to give him your BF's weed.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U seems helpful, but he spends all day hitting on my wife, so don't be so sure if his intentions when he seems sincere.

@MECH-lift is just pissed cuz he built his GF a crooked ass porch and he can't afford a new grill.

If @NAHimGOOD offers anything, it's probably true, he's honest, he lifts.

10a to 10p will be your BF's schedule for most of the year. Four years from now he will make $100k a year.

So.....what do you do...???

agoodfriend

Don't pay attention to @burrheadd, he's just tryin'a get you to give him your BF's weed.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U seems helpful, but he spends all day hitting on my wife, so don't be so sure if his intentions when he seems sincere.

@MECH-lift is just pissed cuz he built his GF a crooked ass porch and he can't afford a new grill.

If @NAHimGOOD offers anything, it's probably true, he's honest, he lifts.

10a to 10p will be your BF's schedule for most of the year. Four years from now he will make $100k a year.

So.....what do you do...???

Thank you for answering my question and giving me the heads up. That schedule may not fit for my boyfriend unless he can ask the boss to call out out on one day of the month. Can that be possible in all seriousness? Me? I’m a sales associate.

Thank you for answering my question and giving me the heads up. That schedule may not fit for my boyfriend unless he can ask the boss to call out out on one day of the month. Can that be possible in all seriousness? Me? I’m a sales associate.
What would he have to call out for?

And if @542thruNthru ever chimes in, you can listen to him, but just keep in mind he's from California, he's only part-time, and he drinks pink drinks with black sea salt, so take that for what it's worth.

agoodfriend

Ummm...why would you ask the boss to call out one day a month for an "unexpected" illness...??? This seems fishy. Does he have community service or something? His PO should be pretty accommodating with his work schedule.

I’m just throwing it out there just in case he does get sick one day. His PO, @Just A UPS Guy? Oh! Personal life! Right! Sorry about that hahahahaha!

agoodfriend

How long you two been together?

We’ve known each other for eleven years now, dated while we were in high school for several months eleven years ago, broke up and stayed friends and been together for four years after I had already broken up with an ex-boyfriend then.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Since....2015 or 2016, I’ve always like the image of him as a UPS truck driver and looking very sexy in that uniform I confess
Different strokes I guess (VERY different in the case of this thread) because most people think ups uniforms look like someone is dressing up for Halloween as a turd driving a big square turd. Nothing against actual/real RPCD drivers of course
He will not get to pick and choose what hours he wants to work. They post a start time every week and he will need to report to work at that scheduled time. What time he gets off work will depend on his workload, how many stops and how quick he can get them finished. Tues-Sat is a 22.4 driver, so he will often be instructed to help other drivers if need be. Count on AT LEAST 8 hour days, more than likely he will be working well over 10 hours a day. Depending on the center, your boyfriend may be working 60 hours a week, every damn week. UPS likes to run 22.4 drivers into the ground because they can’t grieve it.
Why can't they grieve. They are union after all???
I’m just throwing it out there just in case he does get sick one day. His PO, @Just A UPS Guy? Oh! Personal life! Right! Sorry about that hahahahaha!
Im having trouble reconciling this relationship in my head. Are you SURE you aren't the mommy?
I think these trysts are "blown" out of proportion. If at all true I'd think these "head" customers know what a RPCD income is and they are "working" at getting some themselves.

Last edited:

agoodfriend

What kind of a drink IS THAT? Wow! Knowing my boyfriend, he’ll stick with his beer. Hahahahahahaha!

Half of me has had that in the back of my mind but I wouldn’t dump him for any other guy that’s for damn sure! Hahahaha!

Honestly, if he heard you ask me that question, he wouldn’t be okay with that. He’d tell you that I’m fine just the way I am.

What kind of a drink IS THAT? Wow! Knowing my boyfriend, he’ll stick with his beer. Hahahahahahaha!

Half of me has had that in the back of my mind but I wouldn’t dump him for any other guy that’s for damn sure! Hahahaha!

Honestly, if he heard you ask me that question, he wouldn’t be okay with that. He’d tell you that I’m fine just the way I am.
He calls it "dragon's breath" or some :censored2:. I just imagine him saying it like this when he orders one.
7BKB.gif

What state you in? Things at UPS can be different depending on where you are.